Site Reliability Engineer/ SRE
Plano Town Center (31064), United States of America, Plano, Texas
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Site Reliability Engineer/ SRE
Capital One is a diversified bank that offers a broad array of financial products and services to consumers, small business and commercial clients. We nurture a work environment where people with a variety of thoughts, ideas and backgrounds, guided by our shared Values, come together to make Capital One a great company and a great place to work.
As a Sr. Reliability Engineer, you will support operation of applications and AWS infrastructure. Responsible for coordinating production support activities for all major systems and related subsystems.
Work within Service Management team for FS Garage, the hub of innovation in our Financial Services division. Drive Site Reliability Engineering and availability. Develop frameworks to actively monitor our production applications and proactively make necessary improvements. As an essential member of the team, your responsibilities involve a deep technical understanding of architecture and environments supported.
What you'll do:
- Ensure system availability and performance
- Resolve incidents, events, problems and issues
- Implement changes to applications and infrastructure
- Configure and update appropriate monitors and alerts
- Ensure systems meet Capital One standards for security and resiliency
- Script Chef recipes/cookbooks for Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Deliver AWS based infrastructure solutions using AWS Cloud Formation (JSON) and Chef (Ruby) for configuration management
- Migrate on premise applications to AWS
- Code automation of various system builds and tasks (e.g. automating code builds and deployments)
- Troubleshoot a variety of issues for hosting platforms capable of running on a variety of frameworks (java, node.js, ruby, php, python)
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
- Bachelor's degree or military experience
- At least 5 years of experience providing enterprise Linux based system administration
- At least 6 years of experience configuring system and application monitoring
- At least 2 years of experience working with AWS cloud automation
- At least 2 years of experience with Chef
- At least 2 years of experience with Puppet
- At least 6 years of experience working with ITIL foundations for Incident, Change and Problem management
- At least 1 year of experience with GIT or Jenkins Hudson or other code repository
- At least 3 years of experience with Monitoring and reporting tools such as App Dynamics, Blue Stripe, Zabbix, Grafana, Splunk etc.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top