Site Reliability Engineer
Atrium (35004), United States of America, Rolling Meadows, Illinois
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Site Reliability Engineer
Do you want to work for a tech company that writes its own code, develops its own software, and builds its own products? We experiment and innovate leveraging the latest technologies, engineer breakthrough customer experiences, and bring simplicity and humanity to banking. We make a difference for 65 million customers. We're changing banking for good. At Capital One, you'll be part of a big group of makers, breakers, doers and disruptors, who love to solve real problems and meet real customer needs. We want you to be curious and ask "what if?" Capital One started as an information strategy company that specialized in credit cards, and we have become one of the most impactful and disruptive players in the industry. We have grown to see ourselves as a technology company in consumer finance, with great opportunities for software engineers who want to build innovative applications to give users smarter ways to save, transact, borrow and invest their money, as we seek to disrupt the industry again.
Capital One is actively seeking experienced Site Reliability Engineers with expertise in detailed technical design and development of applications using existing and emerging technology platforms. As part of the SRE team that's leading the next wave of disruption on a whole new scale, you will play an integral part in advancing Capital One's eco-system and culture of technical excellence. Our engineers are involved in all aspects of the product life cycle: Conceptual Design, Development, Deployment and Operations. We spend more than 50% of our time writing code. We are passionate about open-source and Infrastructure Automation. We love agile, continuous integration and continuous deployment, strive to reduce toil through automation and maximize the uptime of our applications/platforms. In short, we are committed to provide an "Always On" experience to our customers.
Are you self-motivated? Are you a great communicator and do you have experience with some/all of the following? If so we'd love to talk to you.
- Scale our applications and infrastructure to support our growing ecosystem
- Deploy reliable, maintainable distributed systems and identify, mitigate reliability risks
- Automate the provisioning of environments using frameworks such as AWS cloud formations, Chef, Ansible, Puppet
- Adhere to industry standard security best practices
- Develop monitoring, diagnostic, debugging tools and dashboards
- Pilot new open-source tools for automation and self-service features/portal
- Can troubleshoot code written in Java, C, Golang or other strongly typed languages
- Can debug network and performance issues in large scale distributed systems
- Participate in our on-call rotation
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are necessary due to the dynamic nature of collaborations with customers, vendors, and other engineering team, solving complex business problems together
- Bachelor's Degree, or military experience
- At least 5 years of experience in software engineering
- 2 years of coding experience using strongly typed language Java, Golang
- 2 years of experience in SRE, DevOps, or similar role
- 2 years of experience with scripting languages like Python / Bash
- Familiar with design principles of monitoring and alerting systems
- Deep knowledge of distributed pub-sub message systems
- 1 years of experience providing enterprise Linux based system administration
- 1 years of experience with Infrastructure design
- 1 years of experience with Configuration Management frameworks
- 1 years of experience with AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud (design, SDKs, best practices)
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
JyotisanaSenior Manager, Software Engineering
Jyotisana manages five teams who simultaneously work on internal and external technology projects in areas from communication to customer service.
Back to top