Site Reliability Engineer
201 Third Street (61049), United States of America, San Francisco, California
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Site Reliability Engineer
As our customers go about their daily lives, they generate a river of data. It flows 24-hours a day, touches all lines of business and represents a tremendous opportunity for Capital One. By accessing that data, we can develop real-time decisioning systems that provide anyone at Capital One the resources and infrastructure they need to innovate on our data.
Our team is chartered to redefine how everyone at Capital One produces and consumes data. We are using open source and cutting-edge data streaming technologies while building custom experiences that humanize the creation and consumption of data. We are looking for Site Reliability Engineers to join this team - but in reality, we just want to work with solid coders who care about resiliency. You'll be using site reliability engineering practices as well as functional programming practices, depending on your task.
As a site reliability engineer working on the data streaming platform, you will be on point for:
- The resiliency of our AWS infrastructure, including Spark Streaming on EMR, HashiCorp Nomad on EC2, and multiple managed services such as ElastiCache, RDS, ElasticSearch, DynamoDB
- Building self-healing systems by monitoring data in Influx, Cloudwatch, ES logs
- Designing and architecting new infrastructure as our product expands
- Writing code for automation as well as applications - we write Scala and Go
What you should bring to the table:
- Respect for others' ideas and willingness to share knowledge
- Experience in the practice of site reliability engineering
- Strong coding chops - some experience with functional programming
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience.
- At least 3 years of experience in software engineering
- At least 1 year of experience in Site Reliability Engineering/Dev Ops/Cloud Infrastructure
- At least 1 year of experience with AWS
- 1+ year of experience in functional programming, test driven development, HashiCorp Nomad, Terraform, Kubernetes, Go, Scala
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top