Single Sign-On Manager
Plano 1 (31061), United States of America, Plano, Texas
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Single Sign-On Manager
Capital One is seeking a cybersecurity professional to manage our Single Sign-On Factory. At present, the Factory uses Ping products to enable Single Sign-On (SSO) capability within legacy, and new, internal, and externally facing applications used by our associates and business partners. The team also supports Multi-factor Authentication (currently Ping ID), enabling it for users and applications as needed.
- Improve our security posture and user experience by enabling and promoting the adoption of SSO by application owners and managing and innovating authentication and session policies
- Make as many things as possible self-service for users and application teams, always maintaining security and compliance
- Lead effort to move SSO out of legacy data centers and into a cloud environment
- Automate all repeatable tasks
- Partner with the SSO Engineering Team to provide innovative new solutions
- Ensure operations, support and maintenance of the infrastructure used to support SSO is performed ensuring High Availability resilience, top performance, tight security, and appropriate logging.
- Plan and manage SSO software upgrades
- Conduct incident triage and resolution when needed
- Provide oversight of 2 associates and 3 contractors.
- Provide opportunities for associates and contractors to enhance their skills
- Provide moral and technical support to the team during upgrades/enhancements, done typically off hours
- Provide monthly metrics demonstrating the adoption of SSO and MFA.
- Interact with different teams across multiple organizations and geographical locations of the company.
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 5 years' experience with Web Access Management Solutions (PingFederate, Ping Access, Entrust GetAccess, CA SSO formerly SiteMinder)
- At least 4 years' experience with Enterprise Application support or engineering
- At least 4 years' experience with UNIX, Oracle and SQL Scripting
- At least 3 years' experience as a Technical Lead
- At least 2 years' experience with UNIX based servers, web servers and Active Directory
- Master's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- 7+ years' experience with Web Access Management Solutions (PingFederate, Ping Access, Entrust GetAccess, CA SSO formerly SiteMinder)
- 4+ years' experience in Unix, Oracle and SQL Server
- 3+ years' experience as a Technical Lead
- 3+ years' experience in COTS products while interacting with the vendor
- 3+ years' experience in Active Directory
- 2+ years' experience working with UNIX based servers, web servers and Active Directory
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top