Service Transition Consultant
Nottingham Trent House (95002), United Kingdom, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Service Transition Consultant
Capital One's UK Service Transition team is seeking an experienced, highly motivated Service Transition Consultant. The ideal candidate will have strong technical, organisational and communication skills.
The UK Service Transition team is focused on ensuring a consistent and seamless approach to transition of services in to the production environment. We work in partnership with our Agile delivery world and technical support teams to ensure minimal impact and required support of all new services and changes to existing services. The successful candidate will be part of a growing team which is evolving and maturing in it's ability.
Reporting to the Service Transition Manager, the successful candidate will:
- Be a demanding but pragmatic customer for delivery streams
- Collate the prioritization of service requirements for new/changed services and track them through to completion
- Identify all Operational Readiness activities and ensure they are in place for go live (Release, Change, CMDB changes)
- Management of operational service risks, working closely with business and service stakeholders.
- Manage and influence decisions for service acceptance and operational readiness
- Input in to the management of the release schedule for all service streams
- Enpowered to provide advice and recommend go-no go decisions based upon final status for production deployments
- Determine impact and demands on the respective service/support teams
- Ensure that key support functions are aware, prepared and capable of supporting any new or amended deployed services.
- Contribute to the continual improvement of Service Transition processes and procedures and ensuring these are adhered to by all support project teams including third parties.
All About You:
- Handle the pressure – you are the Go-To Service Transition Consultant for multiple Agile teams serving as the conduit to the wider IT support teams
- Be a collaborator – you will identify and communicate Technical Operations requirements to delivery teams
- Be an educator – you will assist Agile Teams and Product Owners to understand service risks and serve as an instigator to influence deicsions for service acceptance and operational readiness
- Be a communicator – you will present information on a constant basis, engaging numerous teams. Communication is key to this role.
- A technical speciality would be desireable (Code development, Cloud, Infrastructure, Mobile)
- Be a self-starter and own relationships and outcomes in a well-managed way
- Ability to influence stakeholders to do the right thing
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and learn and drive the right outcome.
- Practical hands-on experience in a similar Service Transition Role preferably with implementation experience.
- Knowledge of ITIL principles
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent, desirable.
Capital One is committed to diversity in the workplace.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top