Service Experience Designer, Auto
Plano 7 (31067), United States of America, Plano, Texas
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Service Experience Designer, Auto
At Capital One, we want to change the way people engage with their money, their bank, and their financial lives. It's audacious work at a massive scale. Here in Dallas, we are seeking to transform our Financial Services division to be more human centric and instill design practices from strategy to concepting to implementation for our mortgage, home equity, and auto loan businesses. For this role in particular, we are looking to make service design tools and methods business as usual throughout the organization.
Our service design journey began over three years ago and we've been pushing the boundaries of design since then. But we need your help to take it to the next level.
As a Service Experience Designer, you will lead, facilitate, and implement end-to-end service experience initiatives across multiple business units. You will focus on service experiences, applying craft to both front and back stage, while coaching non-designers on the mindset and methods of service design. You will work in small, cross-disciplinary teams that define smart strategies and make beautiful solutions. Your work will result in more human and valuable service experiences delivered through thoughtfully designed and sustainable operations. And you will be helping to establish a model of service design practice that other organizations will look to for inspiration.
- Work with talented designers in a highly collaborative, supportive environment
- Participate in all aspects of the design process to frame problems, define insights, create compelling visions, and make concepts and prototypes
- Define, lead, and facilitate service design projects
- Flex your design muscles in multiple contexts, including product design, service design, experience strategy, and design capability training
- Sharpen and expand your thinking and making skills
What you bring:
- Experience in core service design methods and processes
- Ability and desire to work in all phases of the design process (thinking and making)
- Depth in at least one practice area (experience strategy, service design, interaction design, visual design, or design research) that sets you apart from the pack
- A passion for creating new methods and practices
- A collaborative nature with strong communication skills, sincerity, and a sense of humor in the face of ambiguous design challenges
- Confidence and pride in your work, skills, experience, and expertise
- Experience speaking at design conferences and events
- Bachelor's degree or military experience
- At least 2 years of professional experience designing digital products
- At least 2 years of professional experience designing omni-channel services
- Master's Degree in design, human-centered interaction, or related design field
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top