Towers Crescent (12066), United States of America, Vienna, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Service Designerat Capital One-Enterprise Servicing - EASE
Do you geek out over understanding how things work? Do you consider yourself to be a highly collaborative & strategic thinker? Do you love a good challenge and opportunity to connect the dots in a meaningful way? If you answered yes, you might be up for the challenge of designing the core infrastructure that considers a customer journey across various applications.
The Enterprise Design Team is looking for a systematic big thinker with service design know how and is passionate about making the complex simple. This is a key role, responsible for creating clarity and vision around the design of how our servicing platform works to deliver highly customized experiences that create stronger impact and connection to our 40 plus million customers. In this role, you will balance business strategy, research findings, and creative innovation to understand and solve for both internal and external customer needs.
AS A DESIGNER ON THE ENTERPRISE EASE TEAM, YOU WILL :
- Lead service design initiatives (i.e., in-person experience design that connects front end experiences with back end systems) to provide cohesive customer experiences across varied technologies/platforms/products.
- Mastery of core service design methods (i.e., service blueprints, experience mapping etc.) and ability to lead/mentor designers and non-designers to participate in a service design practice and process.
- Define and design processes around how to work/collaborate based on tools and underlying technologies - from problem definition to design implementation
- Balance end user (internal product/design/tech perspectives with external customer) perspectives when prioritizing problems to solve and the solutions to solve them
- Lead and facilitate collaborations to maintain constant dialogue and shared view with other partners
- Oversee the definition and integration of design flows, prototypes, and journey maps.
- Identify and advocate around new design opportunities - shape and scope initiatives for them
- Support research activities and know when/how to advocate for exploratory or testing research in the design/development process
- Translate technical capabilities into meaningful customer solutions that drive measurable outcomes
- Communicate progress, direction, and outcomes in a way that helps varied stakeholders understand and buy into the design journey and design choices
- Create holistic end-to-end service experiences, resulting in measurable improvements to key metrics.
TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE YOU HAVE:
- Experience in UX design and core service design methods and processes
- Experience in User Testing and evaluative product/service research
- Ability and desire to work in all phases of the design process (thinking and making)
- Depth in at least one practice area (experience strategy, service design, interaction design, visual design, or design research) that sets you apart from the pack
- A passion for creating new methods and practices
- A collaborative nature with strong communication skills, sincerity, and a sense of humor in the face of ambiguous design challenges
- Confidence and pride in your work, skills, experience, and expertise
- Bachelor's degree
- At least 5 years of UX Design Experience
- At least 2 years of experience leading UX Design Process
- Master's degree
- Experience with design thinking, human-centered design, design research, etc.
- Experience working with Agile
- At least 3 years of Service Design experience
- Experience designing for data-heavy experiences and/or complex enterprise systems
- Excellent written/documentation and communication skills
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
JyotisanaSenior Manager, Software Engineering
Jyotisana manages five teams who simultaneously work on internal and external technology projects in areas from communication to customer service.
Back to top