Senior Systems Specialist (ELK, AWS)
West Creek 4 (12074), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Systems Specialist (ELK, AWS)
Capital One is looking for an exceptional IT Ops and Infrastructure Systems Specialist to join our Technology Strategy and Delivery team within Capital One. You will be responsible for the production process and will be accountable for process performance; assist with identifying, developing, and implementing process improvements to gain efficiencies; and leverage process and relationship management to collaborate with clients to drive cross-functional improvements. You will oversee technical and operational related activities. Through strong relationships you will help operational audits and provide reports to senior leadership which include analysis of the data and solutions.
In this role, you will help drive monitoring and incident strategies and implementation across our Line of Business; as well as help remediate cloud compliance concerns. Your role is critical to ensuring the integrity of computer-generated data. As an essential member of the team, your responsibilities involve a deep technical understanding of architecture and environments supported.
- Candidates should have working knowledge of monitoring tools such as ELK, Cloudwatch, DataDog and pagerduty
- Assist with generation of repeatable monitoring base templates and driving compliance of use
- As a member of the team, help re-mediate cloud compliance issues in Mosaic Tech
- Working knowledge of cloud custodian and development of new policies
- Candidates should have knowledge of CICD methodologies and practices
- Candidates should be proficient in: AWS, Azure, BMC, ServiceNow, Java
- Ability to grasp new technologies rapidly as needed to progress varied initiatives
- Identify opportunities for and driving continuous process improvements
- Ability to identify needed operational metrics.
- Ability to produce, develop and or deliver the capability to obtain the operational metrics leveraging automation, scripting, API's etc.
- Perform audits of existing programs/processes
- Assist with production support issues when they arise
- Clearly communicate technical information
- Oversee the troubleshooting of problems, by involving the appropriate resources to implement fixes as quickly as possible
- Participate in system design improvements and performance enhancements
- Develop and maintain relationships with LOB to drive cross-functional improvements and standards
- Ability to breakdown integration issues and resolve them
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 1 year of experience with AWS with monitoring capabilities (Cloudwatch)
- At least 1 year of experience with Agile Scrum process
- At least 1 year of experience working with teams utilizing DevOps practices with CICD pipelines
- At least 1 year of experience monitoring production systems
- 5+ years of experience monitoring production systems
- 2+ years of experience with automating tasks with scripting languages (Python, Java, or Ruby)
- 1+ years of experience with Ansible or Chef
- 1+ years of experience with Terraform or CloudFormation
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
JyotisanaSenior Manager, Software Engineering
Jyotisana manages five teams who simultaneously work on internal and external technology projects in areas from communication to customer service.
Back to top