Senior Sourcing Manager
West Creek 1 (12071), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Sourcing Manager
This Senior Sourcing Manager position will develop strategy for and execute the most complex and highest impact procurement efforts across the company.
Working in concert with business partners and subject matter experts, the Senior Sourcing Manager will develop an in-depth understanding of client needs and supply markets, then apply rigorous procurement methodology and analytics to ensure those client's needs will be met by the selected supplier(s). Types of projects this person will lead cover the breadth of the supply chain supporting the company including outsourced services, technology, and hardware.
The selected candidate will have experience in strategic sourcing - ideally in the technology or services industry. He or she will have demonstrated the ability to drive positive business outcomes through the supply chain, have great communication and influence skills, high analytical proficiency, and demonstrated ability to negotiate complex agreements.
- Analyze external industry trends and benchmarks, as well as develop and share market insights
- Build strong internal and external relationships, understand the procurement parameters and look for new opportunities
- Consult with internal clients and business partners to identify opportunities to drive cost savings and efficiency in the supply chain.
- Build buy in and communicate across multiple levels of the organization and across multiple lines of business
- Manage multiple projects concurrently in an autonomous environment
- Develop and implement procurement strategies including RFx, eSourcing, direct negotiations, etc
- Lead executive level conversations with internal clients and third parties
- Use procurement software tools
- Lead development and execution of category strategies
- Lead the negotiation of commercial terms for large contracts
• Bachelors Degree
• 7 years of experience in Outsourcing and procurement
• 7 years of experience in Conceptualizing and structuring complex business transactions
• 7 years of experience in Complex commercial transaction negotiations
• 7 years of experience in Communications, presentations, and writing
• Masters Degree in Business Administration (MBA) or Juris Doctorate
• 10 years of experience in Risk management
• 10 years of experience in Outsourcing and procurement
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top