Senior Software Engineer with Java and AWS
Towers Crescent (12066), United States of America, Vienna, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Software Engineer with Java and AWS
Do you want to work for a tech company that writes its own code, develops its own software, and builds its own products? We experiment and innovate leveraging the latest technologies, engineer breakthrough customer experiences, and bring simplicity and humanity to banking. We make a difference for 65 million customers.
At Capital One, you'll be part of a big group of makers, breakers, doers and disruptors, who love to solve real problems and meet real customer needs. We want you to be curious and ask "what if?" Capital One started as an information strategy company that specialized in credit cards, and we have become one of the most impactful and disruptive players in the industry. We have grown to see ourselves as a technology company in consumer finance, with great opportunities for software engineers who want to build innovative applications to give users smarter ways to save, transact, borrow and invest their money, as we seek to disrupt the industry again.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be joining a team that supports our Messaging platform, which is a large integrated platform that manages our Bank & Credit Card customer digital messaging functionality (alerts, email, SMS, mobile notifications, and secured messages) from alert preferences to delivery and marketing campaigns. The technology stack is primarily Java/APIs, Spring XD, Kafka, and Docker for containerization. It is also cloud-based in AWS and open sourced. It is integrated with Front End (UI) and other Back End technology systems. Additionally, this person should have a solid understanding of how web applications work including: security, session management, and best development practices.
• Work with product owners to understand desired application capabilities and testing scenarios
• Continuously improve software engineering practices
• Work within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions across a full-stack of development tools and technologies
• Lead the craftsmanship, availability, resilience, and scalability of your solutions
• Bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends, experiment with and learn new technologies, participate in internal & external technology communities, and mentor other members of the engineering community
• Encourage innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, inclusion, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, self-organization, and diversity
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 5 years of Object Oriented Programming experience
- At least 1 year of API development experience
- At least 2 years of experience working within a CICD environment
- At least 1 year of experience with cloud-based computing
- Master's Degree
- 6+ years of experience in software development
- 6+ years of experience in Agile practices
- 1+ years of experience with Big Data tools like Spark, Kafka or Hadoop
- AWS certification
- 2+ years of experience with deployment tools like Ansible, Docker, Terraform
- 1+ years of Rest API development experience
- 1+ years of Microservices development experience
- An understanding of why and how to build products that are accessible to everyone, including those with disabilities
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top