Senior Software Engineer ( Salesforce )
West Creek 5 (12075), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Software Engineer ( Salesforce )
The Commercial Bank has invested in the Sales Force platform as our primary user interface to transform how work gets done and how we drive a phenomenal client experience in the Client Services Support (CSS) teams.
The Salesforce Service Cloud Technology Team works with our CSS group driving programs that deliver innovative, enterprise Salesforce Service Cloud solutions. We are seeking an experienced and impassioned Salesforce administrator to join our Salesforce Service Cloud Technology Team.
The Salesforce Developer will bring a balance of analytical rigor, pragmatic and timely delivery of business value in an agile and iterative environment. The manager will also have an intellectual curiosity to innovate and disrupt the status quo while working towards growing the role to support consistent quality delivery of end-user changes.
- Past success as a Salesforce Developer on large Salesforce implementations
- Thrive on building and delivering new capabilities that meet or exceed customer needs
- Highly functional in a dynamic, challenging environment
- Top notch communications skills with an Agile mindset
- Develop code to meet story acceptance criteria
- Conduct design and code review to ensure compliance with standards
- Estimate level of effort to develop code to meet acceptance criteria
- Ensure adherence to continuous improvement practices as required to meet quality / time to market imperatives
- Maintain records to document program development and revisions
- Share best practices and improve processes within and across sprint teams, and mentor more junior engineers
- Proactively communicate innovative Salesforce.com capabilities to internal customers as a mean to continually provide vibrant solutions
- Develop and support the functionality of the salesforce Service Cloud platform
- Focused on achieving efficiency through the definition, alignment, and execution of configuration changes
- Grow the scope of changes approved to be made directly by the Salesforce Administrator role
- Assists with Agile story grooming to better define technical configuration changes and translate business intent
- Develop trusted relationships with both business Product Owners and technology teammates to optimize delivery of changes
- Agile mindset to contribute to a collaborative environment that fosters autonomy, transparency, mastery, innovation and learning; promotes continuous improvement
- Seek to continuously grow by proactively seeking and embracing constructive feedback while also providing the same level of feedback to colleagues in Capital One's open and collaborative culture
- Outstanding organizational, communication, interpersonal, relationship building skills conducive to collaboration; able to work well in a cross-functional, matrix management environment
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and documentation skills with a history of hands-on, detail orientation
- Ability to successfully collaborate with multiple technical functions in the areas of infrastructure, technical operations, software engineering and customer support
- A service oriented minded person who "Thinks Customer first"
- Bachelor Degree or Military experience
- Advanced Salesforce Developer certifications OR any object oriented language certification (e.g. Java, .Net)
- At least 5 years of Salesforce Development (Apex, Visual Force, SOQL) OR Java and .Net development experience
- At least 5 years of experience working on large programs with proven fluency in custom code, custom configuration, and integration efforts
- At least 1 year of prior Agile working experience
- At least 2 years of experience in Service Cloud and Service console OR any object oriented language certification (e.g. Java, .Net)
- At least 1 year of experience applying design thinking and human centered design principles to product development
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top