Senior Software Engineer, Java
77 West Wacker Dr (35012), United States of America, Chicago, Illinois
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Software Engineer, Java
As a Capital One Sr. Software Engineer, you’ll work on everything from customer-facing web and mobile applications using cutting-edge open source frameworks, to highly-available RESTful services, to back-end Java based systems using the hottest techniques in Big Data. You’ll bring solid experience in emerging and traditional technologies such as: node.js, Java, AngularJS, React, Python, REST, JSON, XML, Ruby, HTML / HTML5, CSS, NoSQL databases, relational databases, Hadoop, Chef, Maven, iOS, Android, and AWS/Cloud Infrastructure to name a few.
Who you are:
- You yearn to be part of cutting edge, high profile projects and are motivated by delivering world-class solutions on an aggressive schedule
- Someone who is not intimidated by challenges; thrives even under pressure; is passionate about their craft; and hyper focused on delivering exceptional results
- You love to learn new technologies and mentor junior engineers to raise the bar on your team
It would be awesome if you have a robust portfolio on Github and / or open source contributions you are proud to share
- Passionate about intuitive and engaging user interfaces, as well as new/emerging concepts and techniques in web design
- Bachelor’s Degree or Military Experience
- At least 5 years of SDLC experience using Java EE technologies for Middleware and Backend Integration- At least 3 years of experience in developing RESTful APIs using Spring or Jersey deploying on public cloud
- At least 2 years of hands-on experience building APIs using Java
- At least 1 year of experience in one of the following: RDBMS, SQL, No-SQL, RDS, PostgreSQL, MongoDB or DynamoDB
- At least 2 years of CI/CD and DevOps experience
- At least 1 years experience in one of the following Cloud technologies: AWS, Azure, OpenStack, Docker, Ansible, Chef or Terraform
- Master’s Degree
- At least 5 years of experience in object-oriented in Java
- At least 4 years’ experience in Java, J2EE, Web Services, RESTFUL APIs, Spring, Spring Boot, Hibernate, JSON and XML
- At least 3 years experience with one of the following Web services like SOAP, REST and JSON and database technologies (MySQL, SQL)
- At least 2 years experience in one of the following Build and CICD technologies: lSVN, GitHub, Maven, Jenkins, Nexus or Sonar
- At least 1 year of experience in AWS or similar cloud computing environments with infrastructure and configuration management tools like Ansible, Docker, and Mesos
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you require an accommodation to apply for a job or to perform a job, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Director, Digital Product Marketing
Mazen is transforming the financial industry, one groundbreaking product at a time. By applying imaginative marketing techniques, Mazen shines the spotlight on Capital One’s most impactful financial technologies.
Back to top