Senior Software Engineer, Java
Towers Crescent (12066), United States of America, Vienna, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Software Engineer, Java
Do you want to work for a tech company that writes its own code, develops its own software, and builds its own products? Are you a developer that thrives in a vibrant, innovative and collaborative team? Capital One is actively seeking an experienced Java Software Engineer with expertise in working in a fast paced development environment. You'll have the opportunity to remain in a hands-on engineering role, developing coding solutions. We experiment and innovate leveraging the latest technologies, engineer breakthrough customer experiences, and bring simplicity and humanity to banking.
We are actively seeking experienced Java Engineers with expertise in detailed technical design and development of applications using existing and emerging technology platforms. Successful candidates will have experience performing as technical lead on software development projects with responsibility for overall delivery of software components. As a Master Engineer, you will own detailed technical design and development of applications using existing and emerging technologies such as Java, Spring Framework, Spring Boot, Spring Cloud, Netflix OSS (Ribbon, Eureka, Zuul, Hystrix), Microservice Architectures, AWS, REST, JSON, XML, SQL, MongoDB, Cassandra, Hadoop, and PostgreSQL, to name a few.
- Develop applications using enterprise java technology stack and object oriented methodologies.
- Perform as technical lead on software development projects with responsibility for overall delivery of software components including writing code.
- Collaborating with other tech leads to ensure integrated end-to-end design
- Documenting design decisions and ensuring adherences
- Supporting QA during testing, and oversight during implementation into production.
- Conduct design & code reviews
- Work with product owners and design teams to understand desired application capabilities and testing scenarios
- Work within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, and implement technical solutions across a full-stack of development tools and technologies
- Leverage engineering practices like pair programming, TDD, ATDD, CI/CD, and Refactoring techniques
- Partner with technology support teams to help resolve production issues in emergency situation
- Bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends and best practices: experiment with and learn new technologies, participate in community of practice groups, and mentor more junior members of the engineering community
- Encourage inclusion, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, self-organization, and diversity
- Lead developers in IT projects
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 3 years of experience with Java
- At least 2 years of experience creating APIs and Rest webservices
- 5 years of experience with Java
- 1 year of experience with Spring Framework, Spring Boot or Spring Cloud
- 1 year of experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
- 1 year of experience with AWS Cloud
- 1 year experience with Agile
- 1 year experience with Jenkins
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Senior Manager, Software Engineering
Jyotisana manages five teams who simultaneously work on internal and external technology projects in areas from communication to customer service.
Back to top