Senior Software Engineer, Java
201 Third Street (61049), United States of America, San Francisco, California
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Software Engineer, Java
Capital One is actively seeking highly creative and intellectually curious Application Developers who are passionate about coding to join our team! This is an opportunity to display knowledge of your craft by having a hand in building large scale reliable applications to impact the way that Capital One does business. You will participate in detailed technical design, development and implementation of applications using existing and emerging technology platforms. Working within an Agile environment, you will actively participate in story planning and detailed daily standups, while providing input for architectural design decisions, and developing code to meet story acceptance criteria.
You will have the opportunity to continuously develop technical knowledge and skills on multiple platforms, and educate team members (including BSAs, Scrum Masters and Product Owners) on the capabilities and constraints of technologies. You will be an integral part in advancing the culture of technical excellence within Capital One, and creating experiences to delight millions of customers!
- Work as part of a dynamic team throughout the software development life cycle
- Collaborate with designers and analysts to implement enhancements or new applications
- Develop code to meet story acceptance criteria
- Conduct design and code review to ensure compliance with standards
- Estimate level of effort to develop code to meet acceptance criteria
- Ensure adherence to continuous improvement practices as required to meet quality / time to market imperatives
- Maintain records to document program development and revisions
- Provide 3rd level support of software solution as needed
- Share best practices and improve processes within and across sprint teams, and mentor more junior developers
- Converts specifications about business problems into programming instructions.
- Conduct analysis of organizational needs and goals for the development and implementation of application systems.
- Designs and codes programs; creates test transactions and runs tests; revises as necessary.
- Reviews, analyzes, and modifies programming systems, including encoding, testing, debugging and installing for a large-scale system.
- Monitors operating efficiency of existing application systems
- Strong system and application troubleshooting and performance tuning skills
- Extensive object-oriented software development and domain design.
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 3 years' experience in Java Middleware with Spring Framework.
- At least 2 years' experience in Agile Development
- 5 years' experience in Java Middleware with Spring Framework.
- 3 years' experience in REST API development with Spring Boot and Spring Cloud
- 1 year experience with CI/CD
- 1 year experience with GitHub
- 1 year experience in AWS
- 1 year experience in Netflix OSS
- 1 year experience in Web UI MVC technologies like Angular 2 or React or CSS or HTML5
- 1 year experience in Data Engineering and Messaging technologies like Storm or Kafka or Graph database like Neo4j or Apachi Nifi
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top