Senior Software Engineer - Full Stack (Java, AWS)
201 Third Street (61049), United States of America, San Francisco, California
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Software Engineer - Full Stack (Java, AWS)
Full-stack Software Engineers (Hiring at various levels)
Do you wish to surround yourself with humble, hungry, and smart people who invest in your future? Do you enjoy working on high performance and high visibility projects? Do you enjoy creating fun and delightful experiences for our customers in the world of digital payments?
If so: this is the job for you.
The Digital Online Payments Engineering team (we like the acronym) at Capital One aims to bring security and convenience to our customers when shopping online. You may have noticed that filling out payment information at digital checkout sites is a tedious pain, also fraught with insecurity.
As a tech company, we aim to meld creativity and security to build smarter ways for our customers to save, transact, borrow and invest their money.
We are looking for a Senior Full Stack Engineer who will focus on building next-generation products that will allow our 65 million customers to spend their hard earned money with ease and peace of mind.
The Digital Online Payments Engineering team works across all digital channels (Desktop web, iOS, Android, Echo, IoT, etc...) and is responsible for building the core digital payments experiences for Capital One, including Apple Pay, Android Pay, and Eno Virtual Numbers.
The Digital Online Payments Engineering team uses cutting-edge open source frameworks, highly-available RESTful services, to back-end Java-based systems using the hottest techniques in Big Data. You'll bring solid experience in emerging and traditional technologies such as Springboot Java, Angular, React, Python, REST, JSON, HTML5, CSS, iOS, Android, and AWS/Cloud Infrastructure to name a few.
To learn more about us click here:
The ideal candidate should:
- Possess excellent design and coding skills and a zeal for building applications using open source frameworks for cloud native technologies.
- Will be responsible for all aspects of SDLC of new and existing components.
- Is hands-on building UI using Angular 4+ with Typescript, Node.js, CSS/SCSS and HTML and back-end micro services using Java Spring Boot and PostgreSQL with full ownership of shipping user-facing enterprise products.
- Focus on customer details to create exceptional user experiences
- Innovate consistently, think creatively, and work collaboratively
- Enable agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions using full-stack development tools and technologies
- Constantly improve the processes and practices around development and delivery.
Responsibilities for the role include:
- Build resilient UX, APIs, and Microservices using latest technologies
- Perform engineering activities for performance tuning and deep monitoring of applications and services
- Work with business partners, architects, and other groups to identify technical and functional needs of the system, determine the priority of work, and ensure integrated end-to-end design and delivery
- Leverage DevOps practices for Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 4 years of experience building software in a continuous integration environment
- At least 3 years of experience with Java in a J2EE environment
- At least 1 years of experience in one of the Cloud Technologies: AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, Docker, Ansible, or Jenkins
- Master's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- Experience developing RESTful APIs
- Proficiency in working with the Spring Boot Java, Scala, Akka, Kafka
- Experience with testing frameworks and Quality Assurance technologies: Selenium, Cucumber or PhantomJS
- Experience in Reactive and event streaming
- Working knowledge of the Unix/Linux command line
- Ability to use a variety of open source and commercial technologies and tools
- Comfortable collaborating and communicating in a large team environment
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top