Senior Software Engineer, Full Stack Java
Towers Crescent (12066), United States of America, Vienna, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Software Engineer, Full Stack Java
As a Capital One Senior Software Engineer, you'll contribute to a Capital One award winning open-source application, Hygieia, to surface software quality metrics using cutting-edge open source frameworks, to highly-available RESTful services, to back-end Java based systems using the hottest techniques in Big Data. You'll bring solid experience in emerging and traditional technologies such as: node.js, Java, AngularJS, React, Python, REST, JSON, HTML / HTML5, CSS, NoSQL databases, relational databases, Hadoop, Spark, Protractor, Karate, Cucumber, Maven, iOS, Android, and AWS/Cloud Infrastructure to name a few. You would be responsible for all facets of the development life cycle - design, coding, testing, deployment, and support of the application and API's.
- Work with Product Owners and SME's to understand desired application capabilities and testing scenarios to implement and support technical solutions across a full-stack of development tools and technologies
- Work within and across Agile teams to design, develop, and enhance feature sets for analytics processing using techniques, such as, ETL, Reprocessing, and Reconciliations.
- Design, develop and enhance existing test automation frameworks
- Support feature teams in automating test scenarios for unit, functional, integration and acceptance testing
- Work to setup Continuous Testing using CI/CD tools
- Lead the craftsmanship, availability, security, resilience, and scalability of your solutions
- Bring a passion about software metrics to stay on top of tech trends, experiment with and learn new technologies, participate in internal & external technology communities, and mentor other members of the engineering community
- Encourage innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, inclusion, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, self-organization, and diversity
- Code/Script app management tools and monitors
- Closely follows the strategic direction set by senior management when establishing near term goals
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 2 years' experience in software development and/or test automation
- At least 1 year of experience in developing and/or testing Restful APIs
- At least 1 year of experience working on complex queries using RDBMS, SQL, No-SQL, RDS, PostgresSQL, Mongo DB
- 2 years of programming language (Java, Python, Spring, Spark) and application /test automation frameworks
- 1 year of experience working with teams on software analytics and/or quality metrics
- 1 year of experience working with cloud automation and/or technologies such as: AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, OpenStack, Docker, Ansible, Chef or Terraform
- 1 year of experience in Data Quality
- 1 year experience in one of the following CICD technologies GitHub, Maven, Jenkins, Nexus, Artifactory, Sonar or Semele
- 1 year of experience with one of the following Agile Methodologies: Scrum, SAFe, and Kanban
- 1 year of experience working on Visualizations (D3.js, Superset) and Data Warehousing
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Senior Manager, Software Engineering
Jyotisana manages five teams who simultaneously work on internal and external technology projects in areas from communication to customer service.
Back to top