Senior Software Engineer, Full Stack
West Creek 4 (12074), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Software Engineer, Full Stack
Your commitment to learn new things is every bit as important to us as what you have already done. Maybe even more so because we don't want to be doing the same thing tomorrow that we're doing today. You accept change, want to grow, and evolve into a better member of the team.
The ideal candidate will be able to jump right into a software engineering role. Looking for a strong character who is very assertive and articulates technology well. This person need to understand the buzzwords not just say / use them. This person should have a focus on performance and needs to know how to build a complete application from the DB through to the front end work with nothing more than a conceptual understanding and visual designs as needed. They should have a passion in learning new technologies, innovating and driving change, and collaborating other developers.
- Full Stack Engineer capable of designing solutions, writing code, testing code, automating test and deployment
- Overall delivery of software components working in collaboration with product and design teams
- Collaborating with other technology teams to ensure integrated end-to-end design and integration.
- Enforcing existing process guidelines; drives new processes, guidelines, team rules, and best practices.
- Mentor and raise the game or teammates in all areas
- Full participation in the Agile Scrum process including speaking up and giving your opinion!
- Ready, willing, and able to pick up new technologies and pitch in on story tasks (design, code, test, CI/CD, deploy, etc)
- Able to research and learn new methodologies and technologies and bring knowledge to the team
- You're a tinkerer and love technology
- Myo, Amazon Echo, Arduino and IoT, AR/VR, Creative Coding; you like hackathons and innovation sprints!
Position Provides Exposure to:
- Back End Skills: Microservices, REST, GraphQL, Node.js, JVM (Clojure, Scala, Java - Spring, Spring Boot, Hibernate, etc.), Database (Postgres, MySQL, etc.).
-Data wrangling : Python, TensorFlow, PyTorch, scikit-learn, NumPy
- Data Engineering: Kafka, NiFi, Storm,Flink, Hadoop, Spring XD/Spring Batch, Apache Spark (Scala or Python)
- DevOps/Platforms: Amazon Web Services (S3, RDS, EC2, ECS, Lambda, SQS, SNS, DynamoDB, CloudFormation, etc), Terraform, Chef, Docker, Ansible.
- Automation Testing: Cucumber, ATDD, Protractor, Automated Performance and Regression/Functional Testing
- CI/CD: Jenkins, Artifactory, Nexus
- Build Tools: maven, gradle, grunt, gulp, git, npm, yarn, lein, boot, Xcode
- Bachelor Degree or military experience
- At least 2 years' experience in Software Development
- 2 years' experience with Amazon Web Services.
- 2 years' experience with No SQL database
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Senior Manager, Software Engineering
Jyotisana manages five teams who simultaneously work on internal and external technology projects in areas from communication to customer service.
Back to top