Senior Software Engineer
Towers Crescent (12066), United States of America, Vienna, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Software Engineer
Capital One started as an information strategy company that specialized in credit cards, and we have become one of the most impactful players in the industry. We have grown to see ourselves as a technology company in consumer finance, with great opportunities for software engineers who want to build innovative applications to give users smarter ways to save, transact, borrow and invest their money.
- Influence or consume architecture, drive design and develop using Java/J2EE frameworks and RESTFul APIs with a strong understanding of OAuth 2.0
- Drive and own technical design and development of cross-functional, multi-platform applications
- Analyze, define and document requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating system environment
- Coordinate coding, testing, implementation and documentation of solutions
- Continuously improve software engineering processes
- Work within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions across a full-stack of development tools and technologies
- Lead the craftsmanship, availability, resilience, and scalability of your solutions
- Bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends, experiment with and learn new technologies, participate in internal & external technology communities, and mentor other members of the engineering community
- Encourage innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, inclusion, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, self-organization, and diversity
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 2 years of Java and J2EE experience
- At least 1 year of RESTful API development experience
- 4 years of Java application development experience
- 3 years of experience with Spring MVC framework
- 3 years of experience in a relational or no SQL database
- 2 years of AngularJS or Angular experience
- 2 years of HTML and CSS experience
- 1 year of experience with a Content Management System
- 1 year of experience with GitHub
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top