Senior Software Engineer
West Creek 2 (12072), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Software Engineer
As an Enterprise Customer team, we are on a journey to build a centralized customer platform which will service all our channels and also provide operational and analytical capabilities. We envision, create, deploy, and maintain critical customer applications by streamlining data across systems, apply state of the art machine learning, micro-service architecture, and beautiful visualizations in the cloud. We are highly technical with strong backgrounds in what we do.
As a member of the team, you will drive the design, implementation, testing, deployment, and post-release support in an agile development environment. You will execute on engineering and release priorities successfully through strong leadership and communication.
We are actively seeking experienced Software Engineers with expertise in detailed technical design and development of applications using existing and emerging technology platforms. Successful candidates will have hands-on experience of building API's using Java technologies with responsibility for overall delivery of software components. As part of an agile application team, you will own end-to-end delivery of software components from inception to production and provide technical leadership to other engineers.
- Owning project/service delivery
- Writing best quality code
- Perform complex engineering activities for performance tuning and monitoring
- Collaborating with other platforms tech leads to ensure integrated end-to-end design and delivery
- Work with business partners, architects, and other groups to identify technical and functional needs of system and determine priority of needs
- Supporting QA during testing, and owning implementation to production
- Proactive monitoring of applications and services
- Identifying gaps and taking actions to completion
- Actively participate in communities of practices
- Bachelor's Degree or Military Experience
- At least 3 years of full-stack Java application development experience
- At least 2 years of experience in developing API's
- At least 2 Years of experience working with relational databases
- 2 years' experience in Cloud technologies AWS, Azure, OpenStack, Docker, Ansible, Chef or Terraform
- 2 years' experience in Build and CICD technologies lSVN, GitHub, Maven, Jenkins, Nexus or Sonar
- 2 Years' experience in Quality Assurance technologies ATDD, Selenium, Cucumber, JUnit, SoapUI and Postman
- 2 years' experience in Unix Shell Scripting
- 2 years' experience with HP Diagnostics, JMeter, Splunk, BlueStripe, CloudWatch or Zabbix
- 2 years' experience with Agile methodologies Scrum, SAFe, and Kanban
- 2 years' experience using scripting languages Ruby, Python or Perl
- 2 years' experience with Open-Source or public GitHub projects
- 2 years using Spring or Jersey for public cloud deployment
- Certified in Java, Spring or AWS technologies
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top