Senior Software Engineer, Cloud Automation
Plano 1 (31061), United States of America, Plano, Texas
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Software Engineer, Cloud Automation
Our Capital One Digital Engineering team is actively seeking talented automation engineers to help us develop and manage the automation frameworks, tools and infrastructure powering our flagship mobile / digital customer products.
As a member of our Digital Engineering DevOps / Emerging Tech team you will be responsible for the design, develop, maintain and CONSTANT evolution of our test automation frameworks and support other areas like device cloud hosting platforms, CI/CD stack, and custom tool sets designed with the goal of making, deploying and scaling complex applications child's play. Successful candidates will be good at: Automation tools, CI/CD tooling, AWS and working along with other feature teams/developers.
- Cloud Engineering testing (such as cloud custodian, AMI infrastructure testing)
- Design, Develop and maintain existing test automation frameworks
- Support feature teams in automating test scenarios for unit, functional, integration and acceptance testing
- Work with developers and testers to setup Continues Testing using CI/CD tools
- Code/Script app management tools and monitors
- Find, explore and advocate for new technologies for enterprise use
- Work with the languages, automation tools/ frameworks: Ruby, Java, Selenium and various SQL and noSQL based databases
- Bachelor's Degree or Military experience
- At least 4 years of experience in the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- At least 2 years of experience working in Object Oriented Programming Languages (Ruby, Java, Objective C, Swift)
- At least 2 years of experience in designing and developing Automation Frameworks
- At least 1 year of experience working with development teams administering software delivery tools (GIT / GitHub, AWS, Jenkins, Nexus, Ansible / Chef / Puppet)
- At least 1 year of experience working with Cloud Automation (AWS, Azure, Google, IBM, SalesForce)
- 6 years' of experience in Software Development or Software Test Automation
- 4 years' of Programming Language (Ruby, Java, Python or objective C or Swift)
- 2 years' experience working in Cloud Automation (AWS, Azure, Google, IBM, Salesforce)
- 1 year experience working in a hybrid Cloud environment
- 1 year of experience in Data Quality
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top