Senior Software Engineer | Cloud
West Creek 8 (12080), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Software Engineer | Cloud
Capital One is seeking highly creative and intellectually curious Cloud Engineers, at all levels, who are passionate about cutting-edge distributed computing. As part of a team that's leading the next wave of disruption on a whole new scale, you will play an integral part in advancing Capital One's Cloud ecosystem and culture of technical excellence.
You will champion Infrastructure Automation, support Hybrid Cloud Solutions, and display a strong understanding of Cloud-as-a-Service varieties: FaaS, PaaS, IaaS, and SaaS. Creating the next generation of microservice Cloud architectures, you will make a key contribution supporting end-to-end public Cloud Automation of application delivery, including Infrastructure provisioning and integration with Continuous Integration/Continuous Development (CI/CD) platforms, using existing and emerging technologies and leveraging open source programming languages to deliver value to our customers.
The ideal candidate will have experience using native Cloud technologies to deliver value quickly and with safety!
- Work with a team to lead the deployment of the cloud solution in a production environment
- Develop serverless and container based code to integrate multiple software components, decouple synchronous operations to queues and implement API designs
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are necessary due to the dynamic nature of collaborations with customers, vendors, and other engineering team, solving complex business problems together
- Evaluate & build different compute frameworks for all tiers
- Implementing scalable solutions as part of every design
- Cloud Experience cloud based offerings, such as Amazon's AWS
- Automate the provisioning of environments via AWS CloudFormation Templates, Ansible, and the deployment of these code environments using AWS Lambda, and/or containers solutions like Docker
- Design and develop automation workflows, performing unit tests and conducting reviews to make sure your work is rigorously designed, elegantly coded, and effectively tuned for platform performance, and assessing the overall quality of delivered components
- We're looking for team players eager to experiment and share results with the team and work those who can work independently, with and across teams. Establishing smooth running environments is paramount to your success, and happiness
- Challenge the status quo and bring about strong changes
- Bachelor's degree or Military Experience
- At least 3 years experience with a programming language: Java, GoLang, Python, Node, or .NET
- At least 1 year of experience in an agile environment
- At least 1 year of experience with Cloud based hosting solutions: AWS-EC2/S3, Azure or Google Cloud
- Cross language programming experience including Java and a runtime language
- 2+ years of experience working on UNIX/LINUX platforms
- Serverless application experience
- Active AWS certification
- Solutions Architect Associate
- SysOps Associate
- Use CloudFormation to manage AWS resources
- Experience with IAM S3, DynamoDB, VPC, Security Groups and AWS Resource Evaluation
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top