Senior Software Engineer
Plano 1 (31061), United States of America, Plano, Texas
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Software Engineer
The Capital One Monitoring Intelligence team is seeking a Software Engineer to design and implement application-monitoring solutions in our complex and fast-moving IT eco-system. Working in an Agile Team aligned with a Capital One business-line, this role will partner with application-development teams to ensure that all applications integrate seamlessly with Command Center requirements for availability and performance monitoring. This software engineer role will involve configuring COTS and Open Source products, as well as developing ad-hoc API integrations, self-service capabilities and aggressively pursuing opportunities for automation.
- Lead overall technical design, modification, and implementation of computer applications using existing and emerging technology platforms, including Open Source and public cloud (AWS).
- Create and maintain automations of CI/CD pipeline in DevOps environment.
- Analyze internal user needs and desired results and develop software solutions with responsibility for the delivery of software applications.
- Coordinate the work of project teams along multiple workstreams in an Agile framework.
- Develop complex integrations and automations. Write, design, code, test, implement, and debug programs adhering to corporate requirements and standards.
- Perform application testing and validation, development, and documentation.
- Document design decisions and develop software components, adhering to existing process guidelines.
- Coordinate software installation and monitor implementation process.
- Monitor system performance trends and identify potential issues.
- Own change management process for assigned configuration items.
- Present complex IT concepts and project metrics to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Identify opportunities for improvement.
Experience gathering customer requirements and producing working-solutions
Experience with CICD pipeline technologies such as Chef, Puppet, Jenkins
Experience with AWS
Experience with Splunk, Zabbix, or other Open Source monitoring solutions
Experience with ELK, Influx, Grafana and Pager duty
Bachelor's Degree or Military Experience
At least 3 years of experience in Python or Ruby or Java
At least 1 year of experience with CICD pipeline technologies
At least 1 year of experience working with public cloud providers
Master's degree or Military Experience
2+ years of experience with CICD pipeline automation
2+ years of experience with Splunk or Zabbix
1+ years of experience migrating locally hosted applications to AWS
AWS Certified Solutions Architect
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top