Senior Software Engineer
West Creek 5 (12075), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Software Engineer
We're Capital One. Yep, the "What's in your wallet?" people. But we are oh so much more than that. Did you know we're a full service bank? Checking accounts, savings accounts, mortgages, and car loans. We could tell you more, but you're going to check out our web site anyway, right?
Here are some of our favorites:
Capital One has a history of disrupting, and we are doing it again. We're experimenting, innovating, and delivering really cool stuff to 65 million customers. We love to be curious, to dream, to ask, "What if?" Oh, and we love to write code.
Your commitment to learn new things is every bit as important to us as what you have already done. Maybe even more so because we don't want to be doing the same thing tomorrow that we're doing today. You accept change, want to grow, and evolve into a better member of the team.
What you'll do:
- Work with product owners to understand desired application capabilities and testing scenarios
- Continuously improve software engineering practices
- Work within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions across a full-stack of development tools and technologies
- Lead the craftsmanship, availability, resilience, and scalability of your solutions
- Bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends, experiment with and learn new technologies, participate in internal & external technology communities, and mentor other members of the engineering community
- Encourage innovation, implementation of cutting edge technologies, inclusion, outside-of-the-boxthinking, teamwork, self-organization, and diversity
-Bring an ability to work independently and deliver UI applications end to end
At least 3 years' experience in Java
At least 3 years' Rest/web services experience
At least 3 years of experience with test frameworks
At least 3 years of experience with AngularJS
At least 3 years of experience with NodeJS and NPM
At least 3 years of experience with Grunt or Gulp
At least 2 year experience with Unit Testing Frameworks
At least 2 years' experience with Protractor
At least 1 year experience with SASS or LESS CSS frameworks
At least 2 year experience in developing large scale applications with ReactJS
AT least 1 year experience developing Rest Services in Java
AT least 1 year experience utilizing different AWS services
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top