Senior Software Engineer
West Creek 3 (12073), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Software Engineer
Capital One is actively seeking an experienced Software Engineer with expertise in development and support of applications using existing and emerging technology platforms for our Finance Systems Technology organization. Transitioning to a YBYO (You build your own) support model, candidates will be challenged to develop software components which minimizes the need for support. You will own end to end delivery of software components from inception onward.
The ideal candidate will have development experience in Java, AngularJS and will have had exposure to DevOps activities for the AWS Private Cloud, including the support of technologies such as Ansible, Chef, Jenkins and GitHub.
- Writing quality code (Spark/Scala, Sqoop, SQL)
- Collaborating with platforms tech leads to ensure integrated end-to-end design and delivery
- Identifying and resolving production issues
- Work independently and in teams using Agile methodologies
- Participate in application support and testing as needed.
- Participate in communities of practice and contribute back to inner souring opportunities
- Bachelor's degree or Military Experience
- At least 2 years of experience with Java or Python
- At least 2 years of experience with microservices
- At least 1 year of experience with DevOps and automation
- At least 1 year of experience with Amazon Web Services
- 5+ years of application development experience using Java/J2EE
- At least 2 years of experience in the Financial Services industry.
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top