Senior Software Engineer
Plano 7 (31067), United States of America, Plano, Texas
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Software Engineer
Do you want to work for a tech company that writes its own code, develops its own software, and builds its own products? We experiment and innovate leveraging the latest technologies, engineer breakthrough customer experiences, and bring simplicity and humanity to banking. We make a difference for 65 million customers.
At Capital One, you'll be part of a group of makers, breakers, doers and disruptors, who love to solve real problems and meet real customer needs. We want you to be curious and ask "what if"?
Are you looking to provide team or technical leadership in a large scale, data-driven environment?
Capital One is seeking talented thinkers and master engineers who can envision next generation software innovations that will deliver a rich, engaging and unmatched customer experience. In this role, you will design and develop cutting-edge experiences for Capital One customers, using existing and emerging technology platforms.
You will be accountable for delivering the product development, by adhering to existing process guidelines and using Agile methodology while bringing creative, innovative tools, technologies, and strategies into a highly technical team. We are a team of self-driven, highly-motivated technical experts who are focused on new application development using cutting edge technologies to deliver people-centric solutions.
We deliver using Agile Scrum and are tightly integrated with our business analysis and operations teams. You will lead detailed technical design, development and implementation of applications using existing and emerging technology platforms. Working within an Agile environment, you will actively participate in story planning and detailed daily standups, while providing input for architectural design decisions, and developing code to meet story acceptance criteria. You will have the opportunity to continuously develop technical knowledge and skills on multiple platforms, and educate team members on the capabilities and constraints of technologies. You will be an integral part in advancing the culture of technical excellence within Capital One, and creating experiences to delight millions of customers!
- Work as part of a dynamic team throughout the software development life cycle
- Collaborate with designers and analysts to implement enhancements or new applications
- Develop code to meet story acceptance criteria (some parts of hands-on development)
- Conduct design and code review to ensure compliance with standards
- Estimate level of effort to develop code to meet acceptance criteria
- Good communication and personal skills: ability to interact and work well with members of other functional groups in a project team and a strong sense of project ownership
- Evaluates new technologies and stays current with tech Industry's best practices
- Flexible and works well as part of a fast-paced product development team
- Ensure adherence to continuous improvement practices as required to meet quality / time to market imperatives
- Maintain records to document program development and revisions
- Provide 3rd level support of software solution as needed
- Share best practices and improve processes
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or military experience
- At least 5 years of experience in hands-on, full-stack Java / J2EE development using REST API's
- At least 2 years of experience In AngularJS or ReactJS
- At least 3 years of experience in AWS
- At least 1 year of experience of hands-on Microservices development
- At least 1 year of experience with Kafka
- Master's Degree
- 6+ years full-stack development experience with Core Java / J2EE
- 1+ year of hands-on experience in Java 7 or Java 8
- 2+ years' experience with Microservices development and architecture
- 3+ years' experience with AngularJS (or, Angular 2.0+) and ReactJS
- 2+ years' experience with Kafka
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top