Senior Software Engineer (API Team)
11 West 19th Street (22008), United States of America, New York, New York
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Software Engineer (API Team)
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank,
As a Capital One Software Engineer, you'll work on everything from customer-facing web and mobile applications using cutting-edge open source frameworks, to highly-available RESTful services, to back-end Java based systems using the hottest techniques in Big Data. You'll bring solid experience in emerging and traditional technologies such as: node.js, Java, AngularJS, React, Python, REST, JSON, XML, Ruby, HTML / HTML5, CSS, NoSQL databases, relational databases, Hadoop, Chef, Maven, iOS, Android, and AWS/Cloud Infrastructure to name a few.
Senior API Software Engineer
Capital One is actively seeking experienced Master Software Engineers with expertise in detailed technical design and development of applications using existing and emerging technology platforms. Successful candidates will have hands-on experience of building APIs using Java technologies with responsibility for overall delivery of software components. As a lead engineer, you will own end-to-end delivery of software components from inception to production and provide technical leadership/supervision to other engineers.
- Owning project/service delivery
- Writing best quality code
- Perform complex engineering activities for performance tuning and monitoring
- Collaborating with other platforms tech leads to ensure integrated end-to-end design and delivery
- Work with business partners, architects, and other groups to identify technical and functional needs of system and determine priority of needs
- Supporting QA during testing, and owning implementation to production
- Proactive monitoring of applications and services
- Identifying gaps and taking actions to completion
- Leading other engineers
- Presenting at communities of practice
- Bachelor's Degree or Military Experience
- At least 2 years of full-stack Java application development experience
- At least 2 years of experience in developing API's
- At least 2 Years of experience working with relational databases
- Master's Degree
- 5+ years of experience programming in Java Application Development
- 4+ years experience of JAVA, JEE, RESTFUL APIs, Spring/Spring Boot, Hibernate, etc
- 1+ years experience in one of the following Cloud technologies: AWS, OpenStack, Docker, Ansible, Chef or Terraform
- 1+ years experience with one of the following Web services like SOAP, REST and JSON and database technologies (MySQL, SQL)
- 1+ years experience of CI/CD and DevOps experience
- 2+ years experience in Agile practices
Capital One will not consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top