Senior Software Engineer
- Wilmington, DE
802 Delaware Avenue (18052), United States of America, Wilmington, Delaware
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Software Engineer
Do you love building and pioneering in the technology space? Do you enjoy solving complex business problems in a fast-paced, collaborative, inclusive, and iterative delivery environment? At Capital One, you'll be part of a big group of makers, breakers, doers and disruptors, who love to solve real problems and meet real customer needs.
We are seeking Software Engineers who are passionate about marrying data with emerging technologies to join our team. As a Capital One Software Engineer, you'll have the opportunity to be on the forefront of driving a major transformation within Capital One. Learn more about #lifeatcapitalone and our commitment to diversity & inclusion by jumping to slides 25-40 on our Corporate Social Responsibility Report.
What You'll Do:
- Collaborate with and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions in full-stack development tools and technologies
- Work with a team of developers with deep experience in machine learning, distributed microservices, and full stack systems
- Share your passion for staying on top of tech trends, experimenting with and learning new technologies, participating in internal & external technology communities, and mentoring other members of the engineering community
- Collaborate with digital product managers, and deliver robust cloud-based solutions that drive powerful experiences to help millions of Americans achieve financial empowerment
- Work with cloud native stack, build on AWS, usw technologies like Kubernetes and Serverless
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 4 years of experience in software engineering
- Master's Degree
- 2+ years of experience in Agile practices
- 1+ years of experience with AWS, GCP, Microsoft Azure, or another public cloud service
- 2+ years of experience working with big data technologies (e.g. Hadoop, Spark, Presto)
- 2+ years of experience working on streaming data applications (e.g. Kafka, Kinesis, Flink, or Spark Streaming)
- 4+ years of experience in open source frameworks
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top