Senior Software Engineer
Towers Crescent (12066), United States of America, Vienna, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Software Engineer
Are you passionate about technology and enjoy finding the simple route for complex problems? Are you someone who likes to understand "why" and is excited by bringing big ideas to life?Do you shine in a collaborative team environment? Do you enjoy focused heads-down moments of coding zen?
We are looking for a passionate technologist who thrives in collaborative teams and is comfortable mentoring others. This individual will be joining a 6+ member agile team of engineers to build automated, cloud-based environments and tools to support our Data Science and Quantitative Analyst communities. Capital One data scientists develop machine learning models, and our team provides the mechanisms to verify code quality and then execute the containers in production. The primary focus of this role is to provide senior technical leadership to ensure code quality, minimize risk, and increase our teams' bandwidth and expertise in support of Capital One.
Who You Are:
- Curious. You like to learn new technologies, adapt well to change, and can provide a comprehensive analysis of options.
- Passionate. You care about growing others and bringing them together around what's possible.
- Optimistic.You don't focus on the negative but look for opportunities to improve.
- Communicator. You can communicate complex ideas clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences, your team knows their priorities and so does your manager.
- Do-er. You have a bias toward action, you try things, and you wear your failures as a badge of honor.
- Fearless. Big, undefined problems don't frighten you.
- Pride. You take pride in your work and have a high bar. You improve every piece of code you touch.
On any given day, you will:
- Design and code APIs which support our users and products, typically written in Python
- Produce code that is sufficiently supported by unit tests
- Participate in peer code reviews
- Provide engineering subject matter expertise for other team members
- Design and build CI/CD pipelines to automate
- Work directly with the Product Manager and end-users to constantly deliver products in a highly collaborative and agile environment
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 3 years of experience in working on the full Software Development Life cycle (SDLC)
- At least 2 years of experience with Java or Python
- At least 2 years of experience with full-stack enterprise applications
- At least 2 years of experience with Unix or Linux systems
- At least 1 year of experience with git version control
- 5+ years experience building enterprise applications (python, J2EE)
- 2+ years experience working with automated build and continuous integration systems such Jenkins
- 1+ year experience working with Docker
- 1+ year experience working with a container management solution (ECS, DC/OS, Kubernetes)
- 1+ year of experience working with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Knowledge of key pair encryption
- Microservices architecture (design and implementation)
- Familiarity with RESTful web service frameworks such as FlaskAPI
- AWS Certification
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top