Senior Software Engineer
Plano 1 (31061), United States of America, Plano, Texas
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Software Engineer
Senior Software Engineer position with Capital One Services, LLC in Plano, TX; Multiple positions available:
- Responsible for the overall technical design, development, modification, and implementation of computer applications using existing and emerging technology platforms.
- Analyze internal user needs and desired results and develop software solutions with responsibility for the delivery of software applications, with limited or no supervision.
- Develop complex applications using AWS, DevOps, CyberArk, Java, Terraform, Hashicorp Vault, and Cloud Microservices.
- Write, design, code, test, implement, and debug programs adhering to corporate requirements and standards.
- Perform application testing and validation, programming, and documentation.
- Document design decisions and develop software components, adhering to existing process guidelines.
- Coordinate software installation and monitor implementation process.
- Monitor system performance trends and identify potential issues.
- Serve as an expert and knowledge source for the escalation of complex application design and development issues.
- Present complex IT concepts and project metrics to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Identify opportunities for improvement.
This position requires a Master's degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering, Computer Information Systems, Science, or a related technical field and 2 years of experience in job offered or application development. In lieu of a Master's degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering, Computer Information Systems, Science, or a related technical field and 2 years of experience in job offered or application development, will accept a Bachelor's degree or foreign equivalent in the stated field and 5 years of progressive, post-baccalaureate experience as stated. Said or other experience must include at least 6 months of experience in: presentation of complex IT concepts and project metrics to both technical and non-technical audiences; AWS; DevOps; CyberArk; Java; Terraform; Hashicorp Vault; and Cloud Microservices. All listed qualifications may or may not be acquired concurrently. Must pass company's assessment.
Back to top