Senior Software Engineer
Locations: TX - Plano, United States of America, Plano, Texas
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Software Engineer
Do you want to work for a tech company that writes its own code, develops its own software, and builds its own products? We experiment and innovate leveraging the latest technologies, engineer breakthrough customer experiences, and bring simplicity and humanity to banking. We make a difference for 65 million customers. At Capital One, you'll be part of a big group of makers, breakers, doers and disruptors, who love to solve real problems and meet real customer needs. We want you to be curious and ask "what if?"
Capital One Plano campus (Take a Tour of Capital One's Plano Campus) sits at the center of the "tech hub" that is Dallas Texas! With industry-leading technology and innovation, world class benefits, exponential career growth, leadership and servitude across the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex and surrounding communities, we are continuing to grow as we serve a variety of domains within the financial services industry.
Capital One is actively seeking Software Engineers with expertise in detailed technical design and development of applications using existing and emerging technology platforms. Acting as a Technical Expert on software development projects with responsibility for overall delivery of software components.
- Bring your passion to stay on top of tech trends, experiment with and learn new technologies, participate in internal and external technology communities.
- Work within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions across a full-stack of development tools and technologies.
- Work with product owners and other stakeholders to understand desired application capabilities and testing scenarios.
- Collaborate with other platforms' Tech Leads to ensure integrated end-to-end design.
- Document design decisions and enforce existing process guidelines.
- Have a sense of intellectual curiosity and a burning desire to learn.
- Embrace DevOps and YBYO (You Build You Own) model.
What we offer:
- A startup mindset with the backing of a top 10 bank
- Monthly Innovation-Days dedicated to test driving cutting edge technologies
- Flexible work schedules
- Convenient office locations
- Generous salary and merit-based pay incentives
- Your choice of equipment (MacBook/PC, iPhone/Android Device)
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 1 years of experience in designing and developing RESTful APIs
- Master's Degree
- 2 + years of experience in designing and developing RESTful APIs
- 2+ years of experience developing applications with Monitoring, Build Tools, Version Control, Unit Test, TDD, Change Management to support DevOps
- 1+ years of experience in enterprise application development frameworks like Spring, Spring Boot, Angular or Jupyter notebook
- 1+ years' experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure or another public cloud service
- Experience with Database technologies like Oracle, Sql Server, Postgres, Cassandra, MongoDb, etc
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top