Senior Software Engineer
201 Third Street (61049), United States of America, San Francisco, California
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Software Engineer
As a Capital One Software Engineer, you'll work on everything from feature engineering to backend applications, data transformations, DevOps and more at a rapid pace. Capital One Card Tech's San Francisco Team, named "Skeletor", is responsible for design and development of language agnostic model execution framework Quantum Real Time. Multiple Card Tech use cases currently use the framework in production for executing data science models and non-model based requirements in production. Quantum Real Time currently provides out of the box capabilities for workflow orchestration and micro-service development. Future efforts are heavily inclined towards developing distributed capabilities, enhancing the core graph functionalities to support more use cases and inner source the framework. Tech stack is heavily based on Scala (Functional Programming), Akka, Python, Docker, AWS, Cucumber, Distributed Systems.
What you'll do:
- Work with product owners to understand desired application capabilities and testing scenarios
- Continuously improve software engineering practices
- Work within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions across a full-stack of development tools and technologies
- Lead the craftsmanship, availability, resilience, and scalability of your solutions
- Bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends, experiment with and learn new technologies
- Encourage innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, inclusion, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, self-organization, and diversity.
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 3 years of software development experience
- At least 3 years of object oriented programming experience
- At least 2 years of experience in Java
- At least 2 year of experience with Testing Frameworks
- At least 1 year of experience in Scripting Languages
- Master's Degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- Experience in of building highly available, scalable, lossless distributed systems serving huge data at a minimum latency with high throughput
- 2+ years of experience in JVM based languages
- 2+ years of experience with Python
- 1+ years of experience building and deploying applications on cloud - AWS
- 1+ years of experience using Scala
- 1+ years of experience with Distributed Systems
- 1+ years of experience with AWS and Docker
- Familiarity with Machine Learning concepts
- Functional Programming knowledge/experience
- Open Source contribution experience
- Experience with testing frameworks - JUnit, Cucumber
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top