Senior Software Engineer
Benjamin Franklin (18052), United States of America, Wilmington, Delaware
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Software Engineer
We're Capital One. Yep, the "What's in your wallet?" people. But we are oh so much more than that. Did you know we're a full service bank? Checking accounts, savings accounts, mortgages, and car loans. We could tell you more, but you're going to check out our web site anyway, right?
Here are some of our favorites:
Capital One has a history of disrupting, and we are doing it again. We're experimenting, innovating, and delivering really cool stuff to 65 million customers. We love to be curious, to dream, to ask, "What if?" Oh, and we love to write code.
Your commitment to learn new things is every bit as important to us as what you have already done. Maybe even more so because we don't want to be doing the same thing tomorrow that we're doing today. You accept change, want to grow, and evolve into a better member of the team.
What will you work on as a Capital One Software Engineer? Buzz buzz buzz. Customer-facing web and mobile applications, to highly-available, highly-scalable micro-services, to back-end systems with sophisticated data pipelines. All on the cloud!
You will drive design, implementation, testing, release (buzz buzz DevOps) in an Agile environment, using modern methodologies, and open source tools. Whether a new feature or a bug fix, you will lead your work and deliver the most elegant and scalable solutions, all while learning and growing your skills. Most importantly, you'll work and collaborate with a nimble, autonomous, cross-functional team of makers, breakers, doers, and disruptors who, love to solve real problems and meet real customer needs.
The person we're looking for:
- got a wee bit excited about what they read above
- has a sense of intellectual curiosity and an addiction to learning
- is self-driven, actively looks for ways to contribute, and knows how to get things done
- is deliriously customer-focused
- values data and truth over ego
- has a strong sense of engineering craftsmanship, takes pride in the code they write
- believes that good software development includes good testing, documentation, and collaboration
- has good communication and reasoning skills, including the ability to make a strong case for technology choices
The ideal candidate will posses 2 of the following skills:
- 5+ years of experience using Java/J2EE technologies including Spring Framework (Spring Boot, Spring Cloud, Spring Data, Spring MVC), Hibernate, SQL/PL-SQL
- Extensive experience on Amazon Web Services (AWS) ecosystem - (EC2, ELB, RDS, ECS, Route53 & S3 etc.)
- Experience with messaging systems such as Rabbit MQ, Kafka, or equivalent Experience with service orchestration, service discovery and deployment pipeline for services on cloud based environments.
- Expert with web application development including Dynamic HTML, CSS, Angular JS and JS integration
- Experience with Multi-Threading, Caching, Linux, and Web Security
- Experience in Acceptance Test-Driven Design(ATDD) experience
- Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment (CI / CD)
- At least 5 years of experience in object-oriented programming and designing enterprise applications
- At least 3 years hands on experience with creating and consuming RESTful Web Services and micro-service based architectures
- At least 3 years experience in working with databases systems like PostgreSQL, or MySQL, or Oracle.
- At least 2 years experience using GitHub, or Jenkins or Maven
- 8+ years of experience in agile development and methodologies.
- 4+ years of experience building consumer-facing web and mobile software solutions at scale
- 1+ years of experience with rapid prototyping and interface design testing
- 2+ years of experience recruiting top software engineering talent
- Community involvement (e..g Open Source contributor, Meetups, hackathons)
- Must be aware of modern software development, integration and delivery practices using DevOps and Agile methodologies.
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top