Senior Software Engineer
11 West 19th Street (22008), United States of America, New York, New York
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Software Engineer
Do you want to work for a tech company that writes its own code, develops its own software, and builds its own products? Capital One has a history of disrupting, and we are doing it again. We're experimenting, innovating, and delivering really cool stuff to 65 million customers. We love to be curious, to dream, to ask, "What if?" Oh, and we love to write code.
Hey, maybe you should be here too.
Keep reading if:
- You're driven to build intuitive experiences that start with the customer.
- You embrace change and innovation, always seeking to push the boundaries and are comfortable challenging the status-quo.
- You LOVE technology and learning new things.
What you'll do:
- Perform complex application design and programming activities in the latest techniques and technologies: Java Spring, Node, Angular, REST, microservices, AWS/Cloud infrastructure.
- Provide technical leadership in terms of architecting applications, mentoring developers, making smart technology decisions, etc.
- Collaborate with Product Owners, Designers, and other developers on different permutations to find the best solution possible.
- Deliver solutions to production that knock everyone's socks off.
What we're looking for:
- Amazing technical instincts. You know how to evaluate and choose the right technology and approach for the job. You have stories you could share about what problem you thought you were solving at first, but through testing and iteration, came to solve a much bigger and better problem that resulted in positive outcomes all-around.
- A love for learning. Technology is continually evolving around us, and you want to keep up to date to ensure we are using the right tech at the right time.
- Confidence, not ego. You have an ability to collaborate with others and see all sides of the coin to come to the best solution for everyone.
- You have programming experience in multiple programming languages and can't wait to learn more.
- You have experience building and deploying in the Cloud (if not, you're totally pumped about getting this experience).
- At least 3 years of software development experience
- At least 1 year of experience with REST Web Services
- At least 1 year of experience designing and building microservices
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field or Military Experience
- Substantial experience programming in Java, Node.js and Angular 2 or 4
- Experience with AWS/Public Cloud
- Experience with Build and Deployment automation experience (CI/CD)
- Experience with Github and Jenkins
Relocation assistance will be provided for candidates who qualify.
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top