Senior Software Engineer
McLean 2 (19052), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Software Engineer
We're seeking talented, senior, hands-on, engineering leaders to modernize one of the most critical systems in Capital One's US Card Business. As a Capital One Senior Software Engineer, you'll work on everything from customer-facing web and mobile applications using cutting-edge open source frameworks, to highly-available RESTful services, to back-end Java based systems using the hottest techniques in Big Data. You'll bring solid experience in emerging and traditional technologies such as: Java, Spring Framework/Modules, functional programming, REST, JSON, Databases (relational or NoSQL), Maven and AWS/Cloud Infrastructure, to name a few.
What you'll do:
- Work with product owners to understand desired application capabilities and testing scenarios
- Continuously improve software engineering practices
- Work within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions across a full-stack of development tools and technologies
- Lead the craftsmanship, availability, resilience, and scalability of your solutions
- Bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends, experiment with and learn new technologies
- Encourage innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, inclusion, outside the box thinking, teamwork, self-organization, and diversity
- Bachelor's degree or military experience
- At least 5 years' experience in Application Development
- At least 2 years' experience in developing RESTful APIs using Spring or Jersey deploying on public cloud
- At least 1 year of experience in one of the following: RDBMS, SQL, MySQL, No-SQL, RDS, PostgreSQL, MongoDB or DynamoDB
- At least 1 year of experience in one of the following Cloud technologies: AWS, Docker
- At least 1 year of experience of CI/CD and DevOps experience
- Experience in emerging and traditional technologies such as: Java, Spring Framework/Modules, functional programming, REST, JSON, Databases (relational or nosql), Maven and AWS/Cloud Infrastructure
- Exposure and implementation knowledge of Spring framework/modules: Spring Data, Spring Integration, Spring Boot
- Experience with Angular and React
- Experience of automation testing
- Experience with DROOLS
- 7+ years of experience programming in Java Application Development
- 3+ years experience with one of the following Web services like REST, SOAP, and JSON and database technologies (PostgreSQL, MySQL, etc.)
- 2+ years experience in Agile practices
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top