Senior Software Engineer
Plano 6 (31066), United States of America, Plano, Texas
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Software Engineer
Do you want to work for a tech company that writes its own code, develops its own software, and builds its own products? We experiment and innovate leveraging the latest technologies, engineer breakthrough customer experiences, and bring simplicity and humanity to banking. We make a difference for 65 million customers. We're changing banking for good. At Capital One, you'll be part of a big group of makers, breakers, doers and disruptors, who love to solve real problems and meet real customer needs. We want you to be curious and ask "what if?" Capital One started as an information strategy company that specialized in credit cards, and we have become one of the most impactful and disruptive players in the industry. We have grown to see ourselves as a technology company in consumer finance, with great opportunities for software engineers who want to build innovative applications to give users smarter ways to save, transact, borrow and invest their money, as we seek to disrupt the industry again.
You'll play an integral role in reimagining and revolutionizing the auto finance industry. Very customer-centric, we focus on utilizing and implementing cutting-edge tools and technologies without losing sight of who it's developed for-people.
As a Capital One Software Engineer, you'll bring solid experience in emerging and traditional technologies such as: full-stack Java development, Spring Boot, Microservices, Kafka, and AWS.
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 2 years' experience in full-stack Java development (mid-to-back)
- At least 2 years' experience with Spring Boot
- At least 1 year of experience in Microservices architecture
- At least 1 year of hands-on experience in cloud computing environment (Amazon Web Services)
- At least 1 year of Git experience
- At least 1 year of CICD and developing Jenkins pipelines
- Master's Degree
- 2+ years' experience in Kafka ( strongly preferred ) or comparable distributed messaging platform
- 3+ years' experience in full-stack Java development
- 2+ years' experience in Microservices design patterns and architecture
- 2+ years in AWS (ECS, EC2, S3, Security IAM)
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top