Senior Software Developer
West Creek 4 (12074), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Software Developer
Capital One is actively seeking experienced Software Developers with expertise in technical design and development of applications using existing and emerging technology platforms. Successful candidates will have hands-on experience with building applications / scripts that consume APIs exposed by cloud providers. Candidate will also be responsible for overall delivery of software components. As a developer, you will own end-to-end delivery of software components from inception to production. This project will entail backend programming of APIs relating to Capital One's Content Management Applications.
- Perform hands-on development of components required by the Content management team
- Work with business partners, architects, and other groups to identify technical and functional needs of system
- Collaborating with other platforms tech leads, ensure integrated end-to-end design and delivery
- Identifying technical gaps and taking actions to completion
- Perform engineering activities for performance tuning and monitoring
- Support QA testing, and owning implementation to production
- Bachelor's Degree or Military Experience
- At least 5 years of experience on software development coding
- At least 2 years of experience developing & consuming RESTful web services
- At least 2 years of experience writing SQL queries
- At least 2 years of experience with version control solutions such as GitHub
- 1+ years of experience in Cloud technologies such as Google Cloud, AWS or Azure
- 1+ years of experience in creating cloud resources using PowerShell, Terraform or CLI
- 2+ years of experience with NoSQL database
- 2+ years of experience with Angular JS
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top