Senior Site Reliability Engineer
201 Third Street (61049), United States of America, San Francisco, California
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Site Reliability Engineer
Capital One is seeking a highly motivated, experienced, and dedicated Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) who is passionate about automating creation, deployment, and testing of efficient applications on AWS. This candidate will be joining the Capital One team supporting the end to end delivery and reliability of the www.capitalone.com domain. The www.capitalone.com domain has over 50 million visitors a month, bringing in over $2 billion in revenue. SRE at Capital One is an approach to our engineering best practices, through building and creating engineering solutions to large scale operational problems.
We are looking for a strong SRE to take on the challenge of engineering infrastructure solutions for scale and performance, while providing strong guarantees of security and availability to our customers. Your team will have diverse expertise in application delivery, infrastructure provisioning and integration, and CI/CD platforms in order to provide the reliability and stability our customers need. The ideal candidate will have an interest in the creation of tools and automation, enabling developers to deliver feature changes in a safe and agile environment.
• Bachelor's degree or Military experience
• At least 3 years of experience in the development and support of an enterprise Cloud environment
• At least 3 years of experience with configuration management tools CloudFormation, Terraform, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Salt, Docker, or Kubernetes
• Ability to debug and optimize code and automate routine tasks
• Great understanding of algorithms and data structures
• Hands-on experience with CDN's and Cloud Computing Services (Akamai, CloudFront, and Fastly)
• Experience building CI/CD tools (Jenkins, Drone) for a production application in an enterprise environment
• Familiar with general security best practices
• Ability to collaborate with multiple levels of cross-functional stakeholders over many geographically-distributed teams
• Prior Fintech experience is a plus
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top