Senior Scrum Master
802 Delaware Avenue (18052), United States of America, Wilmington, Delaware
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Scrum Master
In the Scrum Master role, you'll serve as the servant leader for your team(s) by ensuring clear communication and helping the team reach its goal. The SM will drive the appropriate Agile methodology (Scrum/Kanban/etc) focused on predictable, quality delivery and driving continuous improvement of the team. The SM will facilitate team productivity by removing impediments that may obstruct the pursuit of the team's goals and by preserving flexibility and ability to rapidly respond to changes on the team.
- Serves as scrum master for one or more teams
- Integrates Agile & Lean principles into team practices and work products
- Ensures team maintains focus on quality and continuous delivery
- Developing ability to help onboard or act as a mentor to a Scrum Master with less experience
- Proactively identifies impediments and appropriately resolves using network of peers and formal channels (including escalation if required)
- Actively seeks and participates in a variety of learning opportunities such as Communities of Practice, conferences, classroom training and independent study to further develop self and community
- Introduces new and advanced practices to improve the team and their delivery
- Demonstrates ability to balance data with other factors when making decisions
- Understands domain architecture and upstream/downstream dependencies
- Utilizes team feedback and metrics (quality, delivery rate, etc) to identify areas of opportunity and works with team to continuously improve
- Coaches the team to improve collaboration and self-organization
- Developing ability to coach team on XP Engineering practices and benefits
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 2 Year of Agile experience
- 3+ Years of Agile experience
- Experience as part of an agile team
- Scrum Alliance CSM or CSP certification or PMI's Agile Certified Professional (ACP)
- SAFe certified or experience (or other scaled agile frameworks)
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top