Senior Salesforce Engineer
- Richmond, VA
West Creek 5 (12075), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Salesforce Engineer
The Commercial Bank has invested in the Salesforce platform as our primary user interface to transform how work gets done and how we drive a phenomenal client experience for both Commercial Bank clients and internal associates. The teams working on this platform deliver innovative and enterprise-wide solutions that frequently extend beyond Salesforce to integrate with other Capital One solutions. We are seeking an experienced and impassioned developer to join our Salesforce Technology Team.
The developer will bring a balance of analytical rigor, pragmatic and timely delivery of business value in an agile and iterative environment. As a Principal Associate, the developer will also have an interest in full stack development to establish or further grow integrations points beyond Salesforce through other key systems at Capital One.
- Past success as a Salesforce Developer on Salesforce implementations
- A passion and proven results working with a full tech stack mindset (including but not limited ownership of automation testing, security, deployments, etc...)
- Thrive on building and delivering new capabilities that meet or exceed customer needs
- Highly functional in a dynamic, challenging environment
- Top notch communications skills with an Agile mindset
- Develop code that meets Capital One engineering excellence expectations
- Develop code that meets acceptance criteria from product ownership
- Support the functionality of the solutions that you deliver
- Participate in design and code reviews that ensure engineering excellence best practices are being leveraged
- Custom configuration of Salesforce solutions not requiring complex code-based solutions
- Ensure adherence to continuous improvement practices as required to meet quality / time to market imperatives
- Maintain records to document program development and revisions
- Share best practices and improve processes within the team
- Proactively communicate innovative Salesforce capabilities to internal customers as a mean to continually provide vibrant solutions
- Develop trusted relationships with both business Product Owners and Technology teammates to optimize delivery of changes
- An Agile mindset to contribute to a collaborative environment that fosters autonomy, transparency, mastery, innovation and learning; promotes continuous improvement
- Seek to continuously grow by proactively seeking and embracing constructive feedback while also providing the same level of feedback to colleagues in Capital One's open and collaborative culture
- Bachelor Degree
- At least 5 years of experience working on programs with custom code, custom configuration, or integration efforts
- At least 2 years of Salesforce Development experience (Lightning, Apex, VisualForce, or SOQL)
- At least 1 year of Agile experience
- Existing CSSE certification
- Current/active Advanced Salesforce Developer certifications
- Experience applying design thinking and human centered design principles to product development
- Prior experience in the banking industry
- A service oriented minded person who "Thinks Customer first"
- Outstanding organizational, communication, interpersonal, relationship building skills conducive to collaboration; able to work well in a cross-functional, matrix management environment
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and documentation skills with a history of hands-on, detail orientation
- Ability to successfully collaborate with multiple technical functions in the areas of infrastructure, technical operations, software engineering and customer support
At this time, Capital One will NOT sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top