Senior Salesforce Developer
Plano 3 (31063), United States of America, Plano, Texas
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Salesforce Developer
Do you think about writing beautiful code while eating breakfast? Do you build applications you are proud of and want to tell your friends about them? Are you driven to produce industry leading solutions on a cutting edge platform? Do you get excited about scaling applications to millions of users? Do you appreciate elegant solutions but also know when to build simple first and iterate?
Capital One is actively seeking highly creative and intellectually curious Web and Salesforce Software Developers who are passionate about coding, quality and innovation, to join our team! This is an opportunity to display knowledge of your craft by having a hand in building web apps using open source technologies and leveraging Salesforce.com to impact the way that Capital One does business. Working within an Agile environment, you will actively participate in story planning and detailed daily stand-ups, while providing input for architectural design decisions, developing code to meet story acceptance criteria and building automation test suites to ensure high quality solution. You will have the opportunity to continuously grow and develop technical knowledge and skills on multiple platforms. You will be an integral part in advancing the culture of technical excellence within Capital One, and creating digital experiences to delight of both internal and external customers!
- Partners with Product Managers to bring ideas and solutions to market quickly
- Design, Test and Develop innovative Front-end and Salesforce.com solutions
- Applies design thinking to create amazing user experiences
- Maintain professional knowledge and relationships with the Salesforce.com ecosystem
- Work as part of forward leaning team of makers to design and develop software solutions
- Research competing platforms and contribute to the product development process
- Drive innovation through rapid prototyping and iterative development
- Keep up-to-date on new technology, standards, protocols and tools in areas relevant to the rapidly changing digital environment
- Develop using new technologies and patterns particularly Cloud, API and Web frameworks
- Maintain all-round view of solution, understanding both business and technical challenges and also both functional and non-functional needs of solution
- Partner with the peer developers, quality engineers product managers and subject matter experts to design and develop end-to-end solution options
- Focus massively on delivering with speed and quality
- Apply sound Dev Ops and automation best practices
- Actively participate in internal and external Communities of Practice
- At least 2 years of Salesforce.com development experience
- At least 2 years of experience performing complete full lifecycle Salesforce.com implementations
- At least 2 years experience with Java
- At least 2 years of CSS/3
- At least 2 years of HTML/5
- At least 1 year experience with RESTful API Development
- At least 2 years of experience with Agile software development delivery methodology
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- Certified SalesForce.com Developer or Certified SalesForce.com Architect
- 1+ years experience with Angular JS
- 1+ years of experience prototyping Lightning based components
- 2+ years of experience with Marketing Cloud
- 2+ years of experience with CI/CD Automation
- 2+ years of experience deploying applications on AWS
- 2+ years of experience developing node.js apps
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top