Senior Risk Manager
7900 Westpark Drive (12131), United States of America, Tysons, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Risk Manager
As a member of EvolveIT's Business Operations and Strategy Group, you will be responsible for working with our Product Teams to support compliance with Capital One's risk and governance requirements . If you are curious and eager to learn new things, love problem solving, have a deep reverence for risk and compliance management, and love to have fun at work, this may be the role for you! Compliance and Risk Management Liaisons in EvolveIT are highly motivated, detail oriented professionals with excellent analytical, organizational, and communication skills. These skills allow the Compliance and Risk Management Liaison to influence product teams to integrate compliance activities into their product roadmaps to ensure the risk and audit activities become enablers of business success. As Capital One evolves to meet the ever-changing technology landscape, so does our compliance and risk management environment. A successful Compliance and Risk Management Liaison operates from a foundation of knowledge about our Product Teams with whom they are working, laws / regulations, processes/procedures/policies, and sound compliance and risk management practices. They are forward thinking, quick to adapt, and technologically adept.
Compliance and Risk Management Liaisons have a high level of exposure across the organization and have the opportunity to work with Executives to create and implement innovative solutions to appropriately manage compliance activities within EvovleIT.
- Consults on risk and compliance efforts with Product Teams, providing advice and guidance as required.
- Interfaces with existing and emerging enterprise risk and compliance organizations and business support functions (e.g. legal, privacy), driving collaboration and enabling maturation of enterprise processes and tools
- Effectively challenges our business partners, 2nd (Compliance and ORM) and 3rd lines (Audit).
- Manages/facilitates audits and regulatory exams
- Manages/facilitates Business Continuity Management program
- Analyzes data to proactively identify product risks and trends
- Stays current on the changing regulatory and policy environment and understand the impacts to our businesses
- Provides oversight and guidance during assessments and exams
- Is a thought leader in providing guidance to Product Teams in implementing functional risk and compliance management practices.
- Participates in risk and compliance forums and contributes to continuous improvement of risk and compliance management practices across the enterprise.
- Sets direction, manages expectations and leads cross-functional teams
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 5 years of experience in information systems risk and compliance management
- At least 3 years of experience managing audit engagements.
- At least 3 years of people management experience
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), or Certified Information Security Manager (CISM), or Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
- 5+ years of working knowledge of Technology control frameworks
- 3+ years of experience in Banking or financial services industry
- 3+ years of experience with cloud based technologies and services
- 1+ years of experience with data analytics tools in support of risk, audit or compliance activities
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Senior Manager, Software Engineering
Jyotisana manages five teams who simultaneously work on internal and external technology projects in areas from communication to customer service.
Back to top