Senior Quantitative Analyst – Model Validation
McLean 1 (19050), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Quantitative Analyst – Model Validation
Capital One, a Fortune 500 company and one of the nation’s top 10 banks, is one of the largest, most analytically sophisticated Financial Services providers in the world. We offer a broad spectrum of financial products and services to consumers, small businesses and commercial clients. We nurture a work environment where people with a variety of thoughts, ideas and backgrounds, guided by our shared values, come together to make Capital One a great company and a great place to work.
As a Quantitative Senior Analyst within the Model Risk Office, you will be part of the model validation team, working on the validation of Treasury, Finance and stress testing models. Some of the models the team covers include, but not limited to, balance sheet management, deposits, liquidity, financial forecasting models, etc. You will enhance your technical and analytical skills, while also working closely with business leaders to influence business strategy. With a network of over 200 quantitative analysts and data scientists, we’ve created a dynamic environment with plenty of room for you to learn, grow, and realize your full potential.
Specific responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Contributing to model validation projects, in an analytic capacity
- Understanding business processes and portfolios associated with model use, and the nature of model use within those processes
- Assessing the methodologies and processes used by modeling teams to develop and manage their models, and identifying potential risk and the associated materiality of the risk
- Benchmarking model methodologies and performance by specifying and managing the development of alternative models
- Solving problems with limited data and making conclusions with analytical justifications
- Providing constructive and actionable solutions to model issues identified
- Researching industry practices related to model methodologies
- Documenting validation processes and results
- Communicating validation results to management, model owners, regulators, and auditors
- Leveraging education, colleagues and training opportunities to develop solutions to business problems
- Contributing horizontally by knowledge sharing across validation teams
- Master’s Degree
- At least 1 year of experience in Financial, Statistical or Econometrics modeling / analysis
- Ph.D. in Statistics, Economics, Finance, Financial Engineering, Operational Research, Physics or Applied Mathematics
- At least 1 year of experience in Financial Risk Management
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with QRM Balance Sheet Management software
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you require an accommodation to apply for a job or to perform a job, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Director, Digital Product Marketing
Mazen is transforming the financial industry, one groundbreaking product at a time. By applying imaginative marketing techniques, Mazen shines the spotlight on Capital One’s most impactful financial technologies.
Back to top