Senior QA Specialist
West Creek 6 (12076), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior QA Specialist
The Senior Testing Specialist, will work under limited supervision to monitor software quality and associated business/technical risks across the software development lifecycle. Analyze technical risk for new and/or modified software products, then document, perform and interpret functional tests to mitigate risk. Perform varied and complex assignments of the software testing functionality. Investigate and resolve operational problems in conjunction with other technical personnel. The Quality Engineer will work in tandem with software developers in a fast paced agile environment. Manage junior testing specialists.
- Interact with the product delivery team; participate in product acceptance/design grooming to provide input on completeness of functional acceptance criteria, product designs, and schedules
- Maintain schedules and coordinate activities for project efforts while maintaining high quality execution; identify task dependencies, test schedules, utilization of test environments
- Ensure test deliverables are prepared per enterprise guidelines; monitor the completion of tasks within time and cost constraints and ensure that technical and functional objectives are met.
- Collect, track and report test metrics and brief leadership on test status
- Identify interdependencies, ambiguities or omissions; make suggestions to improve requirements and ensure usability/testability
- Plan test schedules in accordance with project scope and delivery expectations
- Design test scenarios, scripts, and/or procedures to determine product quality or release readiness
- Develop testing scenarios/cases to address areas such as database impacts, software scenarios, regression testing, boundary/negative testing, error or defect retests, usability; including automated scripts
- Evaluate the test automation strategy and approach to identify and recommend areas of improvement
- Ensure successful coding and maintenance of automated unit tests
- Debug test-automation failures and test-environment issues.
- Identify, troubleshoot and provide solutions for issues
- Automate in-sprint stories and follow ATDD process
- Effectively manage test data
- Execute data validation process using SQL and ETL tools, and perform root cause analysis.
- Write SQL against relational databases to validate ETL processes and BI reports
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or military experience
- At least 5 years' experience in testing with functional end-to-end testing or At least 5 years' experience in testing with system testing or At least 5 years' experience in testing with batch processing or At least 5 years' experience in testing with user acceptance/regression testing
- At least 5 years' experience with Agile methodologies
- At least 4 years' with Jira or At least 4 years' with ALM or At least 4 years' with QC or At least 4 years' with Selenium or At least 4 years' with Automation Suites
- At least 2 years' experience with Data Warehouse, ETL Data Verification and BI reports testing; including creating and executing complex SQL queries
- 5 years' experience performing Quality Assurance functions with demonstrated experience in Agile Software Development Lifecycle quality deliver with direct leadership experience.
- 5 Years' experience with relational database structures
- 3 years' experience in Ruby or 3 years' experience SQL or 3 years' experience KIF or 3 years' experience Selenium
- 3 years' experience SWIFT or 2 years' experience Objective-c or 2 years' experience Ruby or 2 years' experience Gherkin
- 3 years' experience in automation, automation framework, and automated functional delivery
- 2 years' experience in with CI/CD tools such as Jenkins
- 2 years' experience in with version control software such as GitHub
- 2 years' experience with Unix scripting
- 2 years' experience in various stages of DW Implementation, including Data Extraction, Data Transformation, Data Loading, Data Validation, Testing.
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top