Senior Program / Project Manager – Vault Program
Towers Crescent (12066), United States of America, Vienna, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Program / Project Manager – Vault Program
Capital One is seeking a skilled and experienced program manager to guide the delivery of a groundbreaking line of new products. You will coordinate the stakeholders for the program, and communicate to them status and requirements. Your job will include creating frameworks to guide and coordinate product delivery, as well as the oversight and maintenance of dashboards and other tools that stakeholders will use to communicate and understand where the project is at any point in time.
At Capital One, we think big and do big things. We are a Top-10 bank by deposits and a high-tech company, scientific laboratory, and a nationally recognized brand all in one that reaches tens of millions of consumers. Capital One was the first major bank to release an open, API-driven platform. This is a high-impact role that will lead the delivery of new products, and introduce dynamic ways of bringing a wide variety of stakeholders and project dependencies into a fast-moving delivery system.
As the Senior Program Manager, you will create the central mechanisms of visibility and accountability required to deliver products to market. There are a wide variety of stakeholders who need visibility, and you will own the communication and reporting out to those stakeholders, adapting to their required level of knowledge and involvement in the program. You will use a variety of traditional and new tools to drive the success of the product, including project planning tools, wikis and blogs, email, spreadsheets, and meetings.
- Coordinate internal resources, stakeholders and dependencies for the flawless delivery of a sophisticated set of products to market
- Ensure that all products are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Coordinate project scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Develop a detailed project plan to track progress
- Use appropriate verification techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule and costs
- Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques
- Report and escalate to management as needed
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks
- Help maintain comprehensive project documentation and dashboards
Here's what you'll need to be successful:
- You understand Platform products and the value of building extensible products that can be adapted for a variety of uses
- You understand APIs and value great developer experiences
- Great educational background, preferably in the fields of computer science or engineering for technical project managers
- Proven working experience as a project administrator in the information technology sector
- Solid technical background, with understanding or hands-on experience in software development and web technologies
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- You can work independently with unwavering professionalism.
- You can positively represent our brand.
- You feel at ease in complex environments.
- Bachelor's degree or military experience
- At least 5 years of Project Management experience
- At least 3 years of experience working with development teams
- Previous experience delivering a digital product to market
- Strong attention to detail, combined with ability to see and explain the big picture
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, change, and shifting priorities
- PMP / PRINCE II certification is a plus
- 4+years of experience managing client or vendor relationships
- Excellent presentation skills, comfortable presenting to senior leadership
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top