Senior Production Support Specialist
Plano 1 (31061), United States of America, Plano, Texas
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Production Support Specialist
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One strives to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams.
Production Support Specialist
We started Capital One with a simple principle – attract great talent and give them the opportunity to be great. That strategy has made us the nation's leading digital bank with more than 65-million customers and 40,000 associates worldwide.
We may look like a bank, but we think and operate like a tech company. A tech company that writes its own code, develops its own software, and builds its own products. A tech company that experiments and innovates with the latest technologies, engineers breakthrough customer experiences, and brings simplicity and humanity to banking. A tech company that's changing banking for good.
Great - and always improving – production support strategies are an essential ingredient of our current and future success. We are actively seeking talented system support and engineering specialists who can own support of applications and systems in production and can drive reliability and performance across massive scale by mastering the full depth of the stack. As an engineering-focused Production Support Specialist, you will have the opportunity to tackle complex problems of scale which are unique to tech companies while using your expertise in delivery and support of critical services. With a passion for devops and continuous improvement you will be encouraged to raise the bar for other support specialists to help take their capabilities to the next level.
- Incident resolution and supporting production system deployments while ensuring SLAs are met.
- Deliver on Time to Resolve and Time to Detect reduction efforts.
- Identify and contribute to long-term solutions and preventative techniques.
- Increasing Self-Healing through closed loop automation.
- Progress, protect, and provide for the applications and sub-systems behind all of Capital One's external and internal customer facing services with an ever-watchful eye on their availability, latency, performance, and capacity.
- Collaborating with other tech leads and support teams to ensure integrated end-to-end availability, reliability, and performance.
- Support and deliver within Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery pipelines
- Influencing resiliency and scalability in production environments in Amazon Web Services and other cloud platforms.
- Equipping systems with automated monitoring and alerting.
- Support the team and contribute to designing, writing and delivering technical and process automations to improve the availability, scalability, latency, and efficiency of Capital One's services.
- Solve problems relating to critical services and build automation to prevent problem recurrence; with the goal of automating response to all non-exceptional service conditions.
- Influence and support new designs, architectures, standards and methods for large-scale distributed systems.
- Engage in service capacity planning and demand forecasting, software performance analysis and system tuning.
- Identifying and remediating risk to critical and non-critical system KPIs.
Requires at least 3 years of experience in the following:
- Web applications built on open source technologies
- Database Oracle/SQL Server/PostgreSQL/MongoDB
- Windows Servers with emphasis on CMD Line administration
- Unix/Linux/AIX server administration
- Networking: knowledge and understanding of network theory (TCP/IP, UDP, ICMP, DNS, OSI layers, and load balancing)
- At least 1 year working in 1 or more of the following:
- AWS cloud services configuration & administration
- Chef, Ansible, Puppet or UDeploy
- Jenkins, Codeship, or Travis
- Restful web/API services support and deployment
- Linux, UNIX, AIX, or Openstack administration
- Apache Webserver, Tomcat, or Weblogic
- Mongo, Hadoop, Casandra administration
- Developing on monitoring systems: Splunk, BlueStripe, or Zabbix
- High School Diploma or Military Experience
- At least 3 years of experience in Enterprise production support or in software development teams
- At least 1 year of experience with ITIL practices and principles
- At least 1 year of experience with Enterprise Monitoring Tools such as Splunk, BlueStripe, Zabbix, HPOM, Diagnostics, Sitescope, BSM, AppResponse, CA-Unicenter
- Bachelor's Degree
- 1 + year experience with hosting apps in Cloud
- Technical certification(s) in Cloud or OpenSource technologies
- 1+ year experience with running web services at scale
- 1+ year experience using Unix/Linux systems from kernel to shell and beyond, taking in system libraries, file systems, and client-server protocols along the way
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top