Senior Product Analyst - Vault
Towers Crescent (12066), United States of America, Vienna, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Product Analyst - Vault
Capital One is seeking an experienced Product Analyst to guide the strategy, planning and own quantitative performance measurement for a groundbreaking new product. You will play a pivotal role by partnering with tech, product and finance leadership to create strategies, analytical models, and product and program KPIs.
At Capital One, we think big and do big things. We are a Top-10 bank by deposits and a high-tech company, scientific laboratory, and a nationally recognized brand all in one that reaches tens of millions of consumers. Capital One was the first major bank to release an open, API-driven platform. This is a high-impact role that will build on top of that Platform and introduce a set of forward looking products that will capitalize on the platform investments we've already made.
As the Senior Product Analyst, you will play a key role in overseeing the execution of our product strategy. You will be the subject matter expert for driving the product data strategy, developing KPIs and guiding our product and engineering teams to gather the data we need to measure product success effectively. You will also play an important role in building and communicating key product strategies to internal groups and executives.
- Lead the creation of product and program goals by creating KPIs and other analytical tools and models
- Collaborate with product, engineering, operations, marketing, finance, and strategy teams to integrate product and program goals deeply into every functional area
- Build operational models to drive intensive analysis across all areas the product
- Generate ideas for exploratory analysis to shape future product improvements and provide recommendations for actions
- Own various strategic initiatives and ensure we are closely following the mutually agreed upon timelines, proposing actionable next steps to move projects forward
- Create dashboards and reports to regularly communicate results and monitor key metrics in scalable ways
- Help evaluate new product opportunities through building financial forecasts and sizing markets.
- Present findings to senior management to drive business decisions
- Contribute to the long-term product vision and key drivers of the new product strategy at Capital One and map that vision to a foundational set of API capabilities
Here's what you'll need to be successful:
- Expert-level Excel modeling skills
- Comfort working with large datasets and solving ambiguous problems
- Excellent attention to detail and strong strategic mindset
- Excellent communication skills, particularly when explaining technical matters to less technical co-workers
- Self-starter and high degree of motivation to go above and beyond the task at hand
- An interest in learning more about product management or product marketing
- Excellent presentation skills, comfortable presenting to senior leadership
- You can communicate business requirements to technical teams and vice versa.
- You can work independently with unwavering professionalism.
- You can positively represent our brand.
- You feel at ease in complex environments.
- Bachelor's degree or military experience
- At least 3 years of experience working in product analytics, product management or consulting
- BA/BS degree, preferably in a technical field
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Great translator; able to speak the language of technology and of business teams
- Experience managing client or vendor relationships
- You understand the value of building extensible platform products that can be adapted for a variety of uses
- Strong attention to detail, combined with ability to see and explain the big picture
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, change, and shifting priorities
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top