Senior Platform Engineer - Firewall
Recruiting: VA - McLean, United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Platform Engineer - Firewall
You will be responsible for documenting design decisions and developing infrastructure and application components. You will deliver solutions throughout the entire life cycle from defining requirements through implementation, testing and support.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the functional and technical aspects of the platforms
- Able to troubleshoot complex hardware and software defects with low supervision
- Identify technical obstacles early and work to find creative solutions
- Educate team members (including BSAs, Scrum Masters and Product Owners) on
- capabilities and constraints of technology platforms
- Review, analyze, and modify programming systems, including coding, testing, debugging and installing
- Maintain records to document program development and revisions
- Perform data analytics to support job functions
- Provides ongoing support to existing systems as needed
- Monitors operating efficiency of existing systems
- Defines and maintains system/application configurations
- Communicate technical info to peers, vendors and customers
- Can act as the technical lead for medium sized projects (project size or number of projects will increase with level)
- Conduct design and implementation reviews to ensure compliance with standards
- Estimate level of effort to meet acceptance criteria
- Focus on continuous improvement practices as required to meet quality / time to market imperatives
- Maintain records to document system development and evolution
- Provide 3rd level support as needed
- Share best practices and improve processes within and across sprint teams, and mentor more junior team members
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 2 years experience with CheckPoint or Palo Alto Firewall services
- At least 2 years experience with recognized industry patterns, methodologies, and techniques specific to strong network management and firewall best practices
- Master's Degree in fields such as Computer Science, Information Systems, and Engineering or military experience
- 3-5 years relevant experience with CheckPoint or Palo Alto Firewall services
- Understanding of common network protocols, system admin and application development practices
- Experience in full lifecycle implementation of system or application component
Capital One will not consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top