Senior Platform Engineer
- Richmond, VA
West Creek 5 (12075), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Platform Engineer
Are you a DevOps engineer that thrives in a vibrant, innovative and collaborative team environment? Do you want to work for a tech company that builds its own products? We experiment and innovate leveraging the latest technologies, engineer breakthrough customer experiences and bring simplicity and humanity to banking. As a DevOps Engineer at Capital One, you will be challenged with the responsibility of working on cutting-edge solutions in an advanced cloud environment to support the needs of Commercial Technology as we pursue our architectural direction to migrate towards cloud deployments. This individual will join a growing team of professionals to collaborate with multiple teams, participate in the DevOps process and provide production support for the vast portfolio of Commercial Technology activities.
- Support complex troubleshooting efforts across various technologies and services of Cloud applications
- Partner with feature teams to actively understand their development and cloud stack, identify gaps in their implementation and understand their cloud architecture and infrastructure requirements
- Translate requirements to implementation stories and tasks for our support team
- Recognize and implement automation opportunities enabling production support and self-healing
- Focus on the efficient use of CI/CD processes and tools for AWS cloud migration with special attention to characteristics like reuse, scalability, resilience and performance of migration solutions
- Share best practices and improve processes across other LOBs, Tech Ops and other engineers
- Bachelor's degree or military experience
- At least 2 years of experience with automated deployment tools including Chef, Puppet, Ansible or Jenkins
- At least 2 years of experience with large-scale infrastructure designs, implementation and support
- At least 1 year of AWS experience
- Master's degree
- 3+ years of experience implementing AWS stack and Continuous Integration and Delivery tools including Jenkins, Bamboo, Github, Git, Maven, Docker, Chef, Ansible or Vagrant
- 1+ year of experience developing automation scripts with Unix, Chef or Groovy
- 1+ year of experience in an Agile delivery environment
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top