Senior Oracle DBA/Architect
Plano 6 (31066), United States of America, Plano, Texas
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Oracle DBA/Architect
Essential functions of Senior Oracle DBA/Architect include:
- Support development teams with technical and physical design, development, and maintenance of Oracle Server databases; including data analysis and modeling, programming, implementation, performance monitoring, tuning, cloning/refreshing, planning, problem resolution, and data dictionary administration
- Install, upgrade, and patch database software, agents, utilities, and options
- Collaborate with development teams on use of standard practices for the design and implementation of databases to meet user application requirements
- Maintain test tools for managing Oracle objects and diagnosing problems
- Execute test and audit strategies for backup, security, and disaster recovery of Oracle Server Databases and other systems
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
- Bachelor's Degree or Military Experience
- At least 4 years of experience with large scale distributed, horizontally scalable architectures
- At least 4 years of experience with relational databases
- At least 4 years of experience developing applications using Java
- At least 1 year of experience using Github
- At least 4 years of experience in continuous integration and development methodologies tool
- Master's degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- 5+ years of Oracle OCP level knowledge and certification
- 7+ years of experience focused on Oracle DBA administration in medium to large corporate environments
- Experience automating database schema deployments
- Experience with RDS or EC2 services
- 7+ years of experience with system knowledge inclusive of experience with one or more Unix/Linux servers from various vendors (Oracle, HP, IBM, etc); database performance monitoring and capacity planning; OS functions and capabilities; UNIX scheduling, archive/backup management, file transfer protocols and editors
- 2+ years of working knowledge of Postgres, Cassandra, MS SQL Server
- 2+ years of working knowledge of AWS
- 5+ years of basic project and time management skills; multi-tasking and prioritize workloads; demonstrated analytical capabilities
- 5+ years of experience communicating effectively with support peers, end users, and all levels of corporate management
- Manage vendor communication and create/host presentations
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top