Senior Manager, Technology Governance
Plano Town Center (31064), United States of America, Plano, Texas
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Manager, Technology Governance
Capital One is a diversified bank that offers a broad array of financial products and services to consumers, small business and commercial clients. As one of the nation's top 10 banks, we offer a broad spectrum of financial products and services to consumers, small businesses and commercial clients. We nurture a work environment where people with a variety of thoughts, ideas and backgrounds, guided by our shared Values, come together to make Capital One a great company and a great place to work.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams.
Senior Manager, Financial Services Technology Governance Reporting
As part of our team, what will you do? You will apply your analytical, leadership, process improvement, and operational skills to major company challenges. You will lead a team with world-class professionals to develop sound reporting and insights that impact all strategic areas of the organization. You will be responsible for maintaining best in class well managed performance for the Divisional CIO.
You will be responsible for developing the next generation of command center reporting utilizing the latest technologies (Java, S2, Snaplogic, Redshift, etc). You will work with a fast-paced and skilled team consisting quality engineers, process improvement specialists, technology leaders across multiple business units. You will be responsible for maintaining and scaling Capital One's Financial Services Technology Command Center. As owner of the command center you and your team will ensure current, accurate and timely data updates while analyzing data for trends, insights and potential impediments.
We are seeking a business and technical leader that can understand and motivate his/her team. You were a developer at one point in your career and you have a strong technical depth and understand needs of both development, process improvement and the business. You are a strong communicator with high level of personal accountability, organization and project management. Roadblocks are not in your vocabulary and you will remove any that come in the way.
- Produce critical business reports and meet service level agreements.
- Provide Risk Management oversight to key technology areas.
- Define and drive strategy alignment across multiple lines of business and engineering organizations
- Influence the direction of engineering efforts to increase customer satisfaction and achieve strategic initiatives
- Ownership of several business processes; including setting the operating rhythm for the organization by driving, refining, and producing governance reports.
- Perform analysis to quantitatively evaluate business decisions
- Performing risk assessments, synthesizing staffing forecasts, and designing performance metrics and controls to mitigate risks.
- Improve our command center reporting and create compelling customer experiences by serving as product manager for automated reporting.
- Lead a small team of developers and data analysts to bring new insights into staffing strategy, performance data, budgets, and KPI's.
- Leverage emerging technologies to bring new solutions to our command center
- Focus on leadership and talent development to build a high performing Governance Reporting team
- Learn alongside some of the best engineers and leaders in the industry
- Bachelor's Degree or Military experience
- At least 2 years of experience in process management
- At least 3 years of experience in project management
- At least 2 years of experience in Agile methodologies
- At least 2 years of experience in quantitative and qualitative analysis
- At least 1 year of experience in communications planning and development
- At least 3 years of experience managing people
- Master's Degree in Business Administration (MBA) or Master's degree in Information Technology Management
- At least 3 years of software development experience
- At least 2 years of experience managing high visibility projects
- At least 5 years of experience in managing cross-functional teams
- At least 3 years of experience in organizational development and performance
- At least 5 years of experience in quantitative and qualitative analysis
- At least 5 years of experience in process management and design
- At least 1 year of strategic consulting experience
- At least 3 years of experience leading a Business Management or Risk Management Office
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top